Monday, February 13, 2017

Tales Of International Art Festivals & John Wick: Chapter 2

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On that Monday the 6th, I returned to Target, where I purchased a few random items. Tuesday, I spent time in Orlando; the highlight there was me eating at a Cheesecake Factory for the first time in a few years. They make good food so it was about time I returned. I did not have an actual cheesecake there nor did I bring any home; considering my typical diet and what great shape I am (not) in, that is probably for the best.

Wednesday, I went with someone to the local Steak & Shake; I had a coupon for a cheap meal, which was the main reason we went there. That was uneventful, which is a good thing. Thursday I did nothing but Friday finally added some excitement to my life. I returned to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. As their Food & Wine and Flower & Garden Festivals they have at Epcot are always popular, they created a new one in the International Art Festival. What is is: there are some art stands around which sell (expensive) art and there are also some food stands. There's also more art to look at in  some buildings. It's not as elaborate as the other festivals but it's still fine. At least I got to walk around and get some exercise.

The weekend was more unexciting moments for me. Well, the upcoming week will be more interesting for me, I promise you that. Saturday, I went to Walmart to purchase a few items. Thankfully for an early Saturday night it was not too busy.  I also watched my old college (Illinois State University) play a mens basketball game on an ESPN channel. A few weeks ago I saw them play a big game on ESPN2 against Wichita State; both teams have won far more often than they lost, so it was important. Unfortunately, ISU soiled themselves in that game and lost by a lot of points. In this game, they played against rival Bradley and as Bradley has been pretty bad for like the past decade or so, Illinois State easily won. It is amazing to me I haven't been at a live ISU game in almost 13 years. It does not seem that long ago. 

Late Sunday night, I did my one activity for the day: I went and saw John Wick: Chapter 2. I was originally planning on seeing it Monday, but I discovered that one location in Orlando would show it on a giant screen, but it was only a late night thing. I was glad to see it that way. The first movie is pretty great as it's a lot of fun and has great action. Chapter 2... while the action is usually pretty awesome, the story is not only more complicated, I didn't really like it at all. I thought it was no fun, which is a darn shame considering how much I enjoyed most of the action.

Like I just said, when I return a week from today I'll have more interesting things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment