Monday, February 27, 2017

Adult Stores, Outlet Malls, My Birthday & LOL Oscars

Here's what I've done since Monday the 20th. On the 20th I did nothing but Tuesday, I ended up at a Walgreens. Wednesday was more interesting for me, as that was my 36th birthday. I don't believe it either that I am this age, yet it's true. I went with my parents for dinner. It was rainy weather so we stayed in town and dinner was at Outback Steakhouse. I saw an item only available to order on Wednesday when I looked at their website; it was not mentioned anywhere at the restaurant itself so instead I had my trademark “almost always” of a burger and fries. It was not the most exciting birthday but that is OK.

Thursday, I had to be in Orlando for something; it was minor. After I left there I was going to turn right at an intersection, and I saw that many police cars had blocked off the intersection, as least for those people who wanted to go straight. It did not impede me as that's where I was turning anyhow but I was wondering what major incident resulted in such a heavy police presence. Well, I found out a few hours later that at the Walmart in the area, some likely mentally ill dude was shooting people with his BB gun. The cops arrived and he pulled his BB gun on them; that went as well as you'd expect it to. Anyhow, I ended up at an outlet mall I hadn't been to in more than a year. It was largely the same as before. I only purchased food & drink but at least I got the chance to walk around when the weather was fine and it only briefly sprinkled.

Friday, I had to return to Orlando for something. The main thing I'll mention is that I ended up in downtown Orlando for the first time since that awful night where the Pulse nightclub massacre happened. Sometime in the near future I need to spend a night in the area again, so I can visit a new hotspot or two. What I did while I was there in the late afternoon was to have dinner at Wahlburgers; I hadn't been to that joint in months so it was about time. They make pretty good food so I should give them some moolah once in awhile. Oh, and before that I stopped... at an adult store! It was Fairvilla, a famous store in Orlando. I won't discuss what I may or may not have purchased there; I'll just say I have frequented the store a few times before.

Saturday, I got a much-needed haircut from the Sportclips in town. Unfortunately, I was the only customer there and it's typical for the place to be barren when I go there. I would not be surprised if that location shuts down; it'd make me sad, as it's real convenient for me and I do like not having to wait a long time before I sit in the barber's chair. Sunday, I watched the Oscars. That was with the sound off, as that's what I typically do; especially this year that was a good move on my part. Having to listen to Jimmy Kimmel speak, no thank you. Overall, I can't really complain about the awards or who won what. It went mainly as expected... until the hilariously botched ending. How can you give two legendary acting veterans the wrong envelope and make them look so bad? Amazing. I feel bad for La La Land, although I am glad that Moonlight won as that's my movie of 2016. On another note, the deaths that happened on this day were sad. When I was real little I did watch The People's Court; honestly I did not know that Judge Wapner was even still alive. Bill Paxton was quite the shock; I certainly have seen a decent amount of his movies in my life.

When I return a week from today, I do know I'll have several things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment