Monday, September 12, 2016

Morgan, The Chicago Bears & The Nottingham Creampie

For those that don't know... a “creampie” does not refer to any sort of pastry dish! Instead it refers to something too vulgar for me to say here. “The Nottingham Creampie” was the title of a spam e-mail I got recently. That was one of the cleaner e-mail titles I have received as of late.

Monday and Wednesday were boring days so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. It wasn't the original plan but I ended up going to two different spots. I first ended up at the Mall at Millenia as it had been awhile. A few things were different but otherwise it was the same old same old. It included me window-gazing at the section for millionaires; that's what I call the area which has stores from the likes of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Rolex, Armani, Versace, etc. After that I returned to the rustic bar/restaurant known as Twin Peaks. I actually hadn't been there in about 2 months so I figured it was a good place to have dinner at. I was correct. I always enjoyed their food so I had a pretty good dinner plus something ice cold to wash it down. In addition, for the first time in like 4 months I saw a certain employee there. I mentioned her back in late April where she got pretty angry at the kitchen for them screwing up my dinner order and I'll always appreciate that. She also seems like a very nice person too. I was happy to see her again.

Thursday, I returned to the Cinepolis movie theatre, mainly so I could get a ticket for a classic movie they are showing this upcoming Tuesday night; the next time I post I'll talk all about that. They do that reserved seating garbage I do not care for but seemingly a lot of people are fans of, so that's why I got a nice seat while I could. I also saw a movie there that early evening. I mainly saw Morgan because I felt bad it has done so badly at the box office. The movie is average but with the people involved it should have been better. The similar movie from last year known as Ex-Machina is a lot better. I give my highest recommendations for Ex-Machina, as a matter of fact.

Friday I did nothing and Saturday, I had a “prior commitment” I won't deep dive into except to say that it's nothing bad. That thing did prevent me from meeting up with some people I know (I know this group from the days way back when I attended local wrestling shows in Florida); we hadn't seen each other in a few years. Hopefully pretty soon it'll work out where we can meet again. Then again, I could barely make the prior commitment; I am not quite sure what I ate on Friday but something gave me food poisoning and trust me, you don't want me to go into detail here. Instead, let me mention that I did not see this night's UFC pay per view, which from what I understand was a good call on my part. Former pro wrestler CM Punk (a guy I literally saw wrestle plenty of times before he went to the WWE) did about as well in his MMA debut as you'd expect, meaning “not well at all”. I was happy that Illinois State University upset Northwestern University in football in a bowling shoe ugly game; Northwestern is in a division above ISU so it was a big win for ISU. In the evening I did see parts of the special game on TV between Tennessee and Virginia Tech. It was in a small but famous racetrack and the circumstances were to where it was such a hot ticket, both fanbases had a white-hot desire to see it and they shattered all football attendance records and there were almost 157,000 people in Bristol Motor Speedway. If I lived anywhere near Bristol, Tennessee I would have been there but as I live in lame Florida...

Onto September 11. I am flabbergasted it happened 15 years ago. To think that I found out about it in 2001 back in college when I had the TV on to see what the weather would be before I went to a morning class. Anyway, it was the first game of the season for the Chicago Bears as they played at the Houston Texans. Houston was definitely the better team so I was expecting them to win. Still, I returned to Twin Peaks to see the game and all the others going on at the same time. That certain employee wasn't there but it's OK as the women who work there are pretty much always nice so it was definitely not an issue. The Bears did not look so bad in the first half; the second half, they stunk the field up and Houston won the game. On the way there and back... the traffic was pretty horrendous. I mean, I encountered a few people who I swore must have been impaired somehow. I had to not exactly follow all the traffic laws to get away from them but honestly, it felt like the right thing to do when you're so fearful of them causing you to get in a wreck, probably with them. Yes, this is the “fun” of living in a state like Florida.

When I return a week from today, I do have a few ideas of what I'll be discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment