Monday, April 27, 2015

Mountain Dew: Sangrita Blast, Unfriended, & Store Closing Sadness

Here's what I've done since last Monday, also known as 4/20, a day beloved by stoners all across the world. It's no surprise that movie distributors try to take advantage of this and this year someone put out the film Friday to various theatres. I've seen it before but never on the big screen, so that's what I did. Before that, I drove up to Sanford to a Movie Stop to look for some discs and I did buy something there. I saw it at the AMC Theatres in Altamonte Springs so before that I had dinner at the nearby Wing Stop; they make decent food so I am fine going there once in a blue moon. It was nice seeing Friday on the big screen. I was amused that some members of the audience clearly partook in the 4/20 festivities before making it to the theatre.

Tuesday I didn't do anything so let me mention that recently I bought a 12 pack of the limited edition Mountain Dew: Sangrita Blast, which you typically can only get at Taco Bell. I've never had it before and it tastes fine. It's not my favorite but it's fine. Wednesday I did do something appropriate for Earth Day: I went to Walt Disney World and the annual Flower & Garden festival they have in Epcot. It was a nice day so I was happy to walk around there, look at the scenery, and check out the unique food & drink they have only during these festivals. It was a nice Wednesday, in other words.

Thursday, I went out with someone to the local IHOP for dinner. Some people there were on the trashy side but at least the food tasted good. A little later I did my own double feature at the local cineplex, watching the horror films Unfriended then the nearly beloved indie known as It Follows. The former actually got some rave reviews so I figured it was worth seeing and even though it is highly ridiculous I still enjoyed it and it certainly works as a parable against being a stupid teenager and engaging in cyberbullying. As for It Follows, most love it but for me I didn't care for the story and how it played out so I unfortunately didn't love it... or even like it. It's only about average even with its positives.

Friday I didn't do anything but Saturday I did go out. It was not me going out to see the latest UFC pay per view; the card just wasn't good enough for me to make the effort to watch it. Instead, I went to the local Barnes & Noble as someone I know told me that this location was closing down, because another company paid more for the building; I don't know which company (I have some ideas) but they were leaving. While there are several B&N stores in and around Orlando it's just a hassle having to drive further now to shop there; I had made many purchases from that particular location throughout the years. While it was only the low-buck items that were discounted, if you really looked around and noticed and saw some empty shelves you could see that they'll be gone soon, even if there are no signs anywhere saying this was the case. I purchased two books for real cheap.

Sunday I didn't do a thing so I'll close this out by saying I don't have anything on the schedule for the upcoming week aside from watching some programs on television; I'll figure out some events to do, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment