Monday, April 20, 2015

Indiana Jones, Star Wars, & Non Harrison Ford Related Activities

Here's what I've done since last Monday the 13th; that day I did not do anything of note so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. That was interesting for me. I returned to the Rocket Fizz at Winter Park to get some sodas, I had dinner somewhere then I drove up to the Amstar Cinema up in Lake Mary (a theatre I haven't been to in years) as they also are now showing an older movie per week. This time it was Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. I've seen all of them more than once (yes, even the lame Crystal Skull) and yet the last time I saw Last Crusade was years ago. As I first saw it on the big screen as an 8 year old during the summer of '89, I might as well watch it again that way. Turns out, it's still a great movie and it was nice seeing it with a small but enthusiastic crowd. The traffic there and back was quite bad but it was worth it.

Wednesday, it was just a crappy day. Nothing major happened and I'd rather not talk about why it was; just know it was. At least I was able to go to the Barnes & Noble in Dr. Phillips (yes, that's the actual name of a city in Florida) then I went to a just opened the previous Friday Trader Joe's that's also in the town. It is nice to have one that doesn't require too long of a drive. I still have to put up with awful traffic (as I did on this evening) but it's at least a shorter journey. Thankfully Thursday was a better day; I went with someone to the Longhorn Steakhouse. They like that restaurant & recently found a coupon from there, so what better time than now to return there? While the service there wasn't the best (why was there a wait when there were a number of tables/booths open?) and it rained there/back and the Florida drivers are always worse than usual when it comes to that, at least the food tasted fine.

Friday, I didn't do anything so let me mention now that like many others, the new Star Wars trailer that came out was pretty awesome. I was happy once I saw it. Saturday, the only thing I did was go to Walmart to get some sodas, and I saw some I did not know were out so of course I had to go and purchased Mountain Dew Sangrita Blast and Peach Crush; I had both yesterday and they were good. In the evening I saw parts of the free UFC card on TV and it was pretty entertaining. Real late at night while I was still up, the power went out... and it did not come on for almost an hour and a half! Back in the year I moved to Florida ('04) the power went out often for a period of time but it stopped and since then it only happens infrequently but it being off for that long is a rare occurrence indeed, and I was not happy it went out for that long and late in the night.

Sunday, it was another day where I didn't do anything and I am OK with that. When I return a week from today, I know I'll have some things on the agenda so it will hopefully be a more entertaining recap than this ended up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment