Monday, April 14, 2014

The Raid 2, The Ultimate Warrior & Shrimpin' Ain't Easy

I do have a good explanation for the wacky title, trust me on this.

I said most of what I wanted to say about last Monday in the last blog; you know, ranting and raving about the awful traffic of Florida. I also had to stop by for a few minutes at my local bank. It was a minor issue I had to take care of, but things are fine now. The only thing I did on Tuesday was go to the familiar haunt of Winter Garden Village, where I walked around for a bit to get some exercise and I got a beverage from Planet Smoothie; having a coupon for it was even nicer.

I am a pro wrestling and have been for the majority of my life so yes I was shocked and saddened to hear the news late in the night that The Ultimate Warrior had passed away a few hours beforehand, literally a few days after making peace with WWE after almost 2 decades and entering their Hall of Fame, briefly appearing at Wrestlemania, then speaking for a few minutes at Monday Night Raw the night before he died. The timing of all that was definitely eerie. Sure, Warrior appeared to be legitimately insane often and he made some awful comments about people, but he has a wife and two young daughters and I do feel bad for them.

Wednesday, me and someone I know went out to dinner; as they recently saw an ad on TV for Joe's Crab Shack and remarked how they hadn't been there in months, what better place to go to? Sure it was on the west side of Kissimmee so it took some time to get there, but the food was good at least. I had something out of my usual wheelhouse; I decided to have an appetizer of shrimp. To be exact, it was shrimp in a bucket you had to peel yourself. It was a decent meal so while I rarely eat seafood, I think I should have shrimp more often. I should also go to Joe's more often and at least once on my own sit at their bar and try one of their fruity alcoholic beverages as I imagine they're real good.

Thursday, I did no do a darn thing, which is OK as I knew I'd be out and about on Friday. On Friday, I knew I was going to see on the big screen The Raid 2; it's an Indonesian action/martial arts film that's a sequel to The Raid: Redemption, which came out in the United States around this time 2 years ago and it's an awesome film. From what I had heard, I just presumed the sequel would also be great and thus I was real excited to watch the movie. Unfortunately, unlike most of the world I was disappointed with the film. While I wish it would have been filmed and done differently at times, the action was pretty great overall and there's some spectacular stuff. Unfortunately, it's the story which lets it down. The first movie had a deceptively simple story and the sequel greatly expands things. I was fine with that except that I thought it was a not so hot story told not so well. I would rate the movie average overall but that's mainly due to the quality of the action scenes; otherwise...

Then again, Friday wasn't a good day in general. It was a lot of little things, mainly involving rude A-holes, whether in person or on the highway. Just rudeness all around and that day wasn't great; the movie being disappointing did not help matters. At least the dinner I had after the movie at Splitsville was good. I tried something new on their menu, which was parmesan chicken fingers; it was appetizer-sized but that was OK; I also needed an alcoholic beverage so I got one. Even there, some dumb people were around but at least the bartender who served me was a nice young lady.

Saturday I could have done something but I was just damn tired and after the Friday I had I figured I should stay in rather than risk having two crappy days in a row. So, onto Sunday. On that day, a parent was interested in me getting them something for dinner; I thought about it for a bit then decided I should go to a place I rarely get to due to where it's located at (the great sub shop known as Larry's Giant Subs) and as it's on the way I should stop by the large Florida Mall to walk around for a bit. Between Friday and this day, I experienced some horrific traffic. I mean, just the damned stupidest idiots on the road; I had to use my horn more than once or twice, I'll put it that way, as some people really deserved it, along with certain gestures... then, at the Florida Mall itself, I was in their small CVS for a few minutes. I encountered two “ladies”, and I put that in quotations only because they did not act like ladies; they often dropped F-bombs, and were loud! Real charming and mature, you Troglodytes!

At least most of the people at the mall were fine and it was nice to get some exercise walking around and I also browsed in some stores. After that I made the drive over to Larry's Giant Subs, a place I dig and yet I am only able to go there once in a blue moon as it's in the Southeast part of Orlando (by the airport) and it takes awhile for me to get there. There used to be another location in Kissimmee that was a little closer but it closed down what had to be a few years ago by now. Imagine my shock when the dude working the cash register said he remembered me from when I used to go to their Kissimmee location. I did not remember him at all but I didn't tell him that. I brought the sandwiches home and they were good.

When I return next Monday, not a lot is planned yet, aside from Saturday the 19th, where I'll be at a live UFC show in Orlando at the Amway Center (it's a show where the last four fights will be live on FOX, so it's a higher-profile card) and I'll spend some time talking about that... and Easter Sunday I'll likely have a ham dinner at home. So it should be a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment