Monday, April 28, 2014

Hello Kitty, The Ten Commandments & Wacky Dreams

The Hello Kitty I'm referring to is the Avril Lavigne song which has that title; I did hear it and WOW is it really really bad. I pretty much pay zero attention to the modern music scene (let alone the pop music or top 40 scene) as it's atrocious from what I've heard. That song manages to stand out in the worst ways. It's a song co-written by the lead singer of Nickelback AND it has dubstep. Need I say more?

This past Monday and Tuesday I did not do anything of note. I was happy to be low-key. So, let me move onto Wednesday, which was a day I went out and about. As I hadn't been to the rustic themed Hooters-esque chain known as Twin Peaks in a few months, I figured it was about damn time for me to return there. I had my usual there and it was nice to be back; the place hasn't really changed, which is fine with me.

I then went to the Cinemark Theatres at the Festival Bay Mall, which HAS changed. I've mentioned before how it's been a dead mall pretty much since it opened shortly before I moved down here; this area just has too many malls and that had to be a reason it never did well. From what I understand it's now going to be an artisan's market, with the few places that did well still going to be open. It must have been a long time since I was last there as now much of the former mall (it'll soon be known as Artegon Marketplace) is closed down and they're working on remodeling it. Of course the whole thing is going to open months behind schedule, but alas... sometime soon a Toby Keith restaurant is supposed to open there, and I should go to it, even if only for the comedy value and to talk about it. From what I hear, their french fries are called “Freedom Fries”, so that probably says a whole lot about what I can expect there.

I went there as it was one of a few places in the area that shows old movies each Sunday and Wednesday; in this case it was The Ten Commandments... that's the most famous version with Charlton Heston. I had never seen it before. It was a long experience; with intermission and all that the movie ran from 7PM to 11PM. It would have been nice if the screening was idiot-free, but that wasn't the case. I'm not even going to rant and rave about it, even though it's deserved. Unfortunately the last two times I've been to the theatre I've been frustrated with tremendously rude A-holes. It's been awhile since that was an issue but it's become an issue now and I am real unhappy about that. At least I enjoyed the movie; it's definitely a spectacle and an epic.

As a random aside, during this week I had a dream involving the lovely actress Rachael Leigh Cook. It wasn't a lewd dream; heck, it wasn't even a dream where I was “hooked up” with her. I don't know what that says about me, but a few days later I had another dream and in that one, I was driving a brand new Porsche 911. If only... heck, if I had Rachael in a Porsche 911, that'd be best! And yes I did see the picture of her in People Magazine and their annual beautiful ladies issue where for a wacky reason they had several 34 year old women posting tastefully nude, including Ms. Cook, and I did think it was great.

Anyway, Thursday I did not do a darn thing. Friday, the only thing I did was go to my usual open mall hangout, Winter Garden Village, where the highlight was when I was walking to Target and right by the front doors, I see like 5 cops arresting a young hooligan! I use that phrase as he looked and dressed exactly like you'd probably expect a young hooligan to look and dress. I'd presume he was a shoplifter but with the number of cops maybe it was something more serious.

Saturday, it was the latest UFC pay per view. I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it. The show from top to bottom was rather entertaining. I could have done without the Troglodyte who decided (I don't know who it was as I was in the men's room at the time) “Hey, the main event's about to start! Let's have the volume to the show at full blast and give everyone permanent hearing damage!”, but I am unfortunately not surprised that the place would do something stupid like that, as they've done some pretty stupid things throughout the years. Other than that it wasn't too eventful there.

Sunday I just stayed in and relaxed. I was fine with that. For my next blog a week from today, I really have nothing planned as of yet. I'll figure out some activities (hopefully none of them paranormal) and hopefully the next thing I post won't be dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment