Monday, August 12, 2013

The Blog Where I Conjure Up A Trip To Wingstop

Yeah, this will be not one of my more entertaining blogs. It was longer than I expected (insert your own jokes), but it certainly isn't as colorful as the last one I posted.

Monday, it was a typical Monday for me, meaning it was dull. So, let me mention the most interesting vehicles I witnessed. Tuesday I was out and about and while still in Clermont I saw my first Jaguar F-Type. You've likely seen the commercials for the new convertible that can cost 100,000 bucks or more. It's a great-looking vehicle. It's a shame that by the way he was driving, the operator of that car was a complete tool. I saw another Mitsubishi iMiEV driving about, and also another Tesla Model S.

Tuesday, while I was driving around the eastern area of the metro Orlando area, for the first time I drove through the neighborhoods of Winter Park, which is a city filled with rich people. I went past many fancy houses/mansions and it's no surprise that I would see an Aston Martin convertible drive by. I was in the area as first I drove to Winter Park as I needed a fix of good old Rocket Fizz, and I picked up some more gourmet soda. I got a cold one from the fridge and once again it was Sprecher Soda Strawberry, as they only offer it cold and it's excellent. The other ones I got out of the 12 included a “Prickly Pear” flavored beverage and candy cane flavored soda. After that I drove to the Altamonte Mall, where I roamed around there for a bit and I did purchase something from Barnes & Noble.

Then, I ate dinner at a Wingstop restaurant. Their name says it all when it comes to their cuisine. I had eaten there once or twice before but not at that particular location, which opened not that long ago. It wasn't that close to me which is why I haven't been there more often. The boneless wings & fries I got were tasty, but there was a table of three people and all of them were pretty loathsome. They were LOUD and they acted pretty stupid all around from the attitudes to what they said and how despite them being LOUD you often heard, “Huh?” or “What?” as somehow they could not hear each other even though it was far from loud in them besides those three cretins... and unfortunately that wasn't the last time I had to deal with stupid people in a pubic place and I don't mean the usual bad Florida traffic.

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty dull so let me mention one rather colorful and vulgar spam e-mail I got. I'll just give its title: “Cockzilla Is The Word”. Really. What a way to be reminded of the Grease title song. Now, I've never seen the movie in full but I do know the song from Frankie Valli.

Friday, I did return to a familiar haunt for me: the open air mall known as Winter Garden Village. Summer days in Florida do make me wish it was an indoor mall. Walking around it in the afternoon in the 90's... a sweaty experience. I did get items from Target and Best Buy before purchasing a cool beverage from Planet Smoothie; it was the last of their limited edition beverages for me to try, the oh so manly sounding Strawberry Colada. Hey, it was good!

Saturday, I went to the local cineplex to watch The Conjuring, finally. Despite a less than ideal audience experience, I really enjoyed the movie and it was as good as I had heard from both hardcore horror fans and the more casual folks who enjoy scares on the big screen. I won't reveal much except that it does seem like something from the 70's, and not just because it was set in the 70's. It's one of the best movies period I have seen this year, and that is in any genre. I just wish that amongst the larger than expected crowd, I did not have to deal with yappers, people using what I'll say are “dumbphones” for them (honestly, you can't stay off your phone for 2 whole hours, you Cro-Magnon idiots?) and the first case of a phenomenon known on a podcast as “Narrating Old People”, which I'll call “Narrating Grandparents”. Besides them being dumb and not very courteous in general, early on in the movie you see the family move into the house where all the S goes down, and the dog won't go in as it senses the spirits. This is obvious, and yet one Old Person loudly said to another, “The dog won't go in the house!” No shit, Sherlock. What was the need to tell multiple people of this obvious visual cue? That is one of many reasons why I am not a people person.

Sunday was a day of relaxation so I'll end this blog here. Like I said, when I return next Monday it'll be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment