Monday, June 17, 2013

The Blog Where I Talk About Twin Peaks (The Restaurant, Not The TV Show)

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. Last Monday I went to Walmart and picked up a few items. I had to deal with a packed Walmart and you can just imagine the type of people there. Tuesday night I went with someone to the local Outback Steakhouse for the first time in months, as the idea to go there popped into my head the day before and looking at their menu, they had a few interesting new items. We ended up enjoying our time there and I had the double burger, as it was one of the items on the menu that was cooked on their wood fire grill. It was quite tasty.

Wednesday was dull so I skipped ahead to Thursday. I decided to go to a restaurant I've known about for awhile but just a few weeks ago came to Orlando. It's known as Twin Peaks. No it's not based on the David Lynch TV show but rather it's a place that is rustic themed and is supposed to look like a lodge in the woods. It's Hooters-esque, so the name and its meaning should become obvious... yeah, it's supposed to be a macho place for guys where they can oogle and goggle hot women who wear tan shorts and a flannel half-shirt where their cleavage is all out in the open. I looked at their menu online and in it they talked about the “scenic views” so they are rather blatant with promoting sexuality.

Before I made it there I stopped at a nearby shopping plaza and went inside a Gamestop for a bit. Then, I went to Twin Peaks. Yeah, in there they do quite a few things to be blatant about sexuality with what they say and do. For example, offering drink sizes for beer in “man size” 32 ounce and “girl size” in 10 ounce. Honest. At times it was eye-rolling but it was crowded there and well, many of the dudes there seemed to be their target audience. “Bro” types, you know. I picked a random spot at the bar that was half indoors and half outdoors. To my right was some fatass douches who yelled and bellowed and just acted like tools. To my left were a pair of older dudes who said that they were from Texas and had to be there for work. One of them did some first-class sexual harassment and told one of the bartenders, “I'd love to wake up in bed next to you!” She took it in stride but I can only imagine what she was thinking. That was the type of people I had to be around. At least I had some alcohol in the form of a beer and two mixed drinks. I also had dinner there and it was tasty as it was my “almost always” of a burger and fries and I thought that both were quite good.

Friday was dull so let me skip ahead to Saturday. I had free time so I did what I wanted to do the previous Saturday, and that was visit the Barnes & Noble on the east side of Orlando and then go to the nearby Orlando Fashion Square Mall, as I hadn't been to either in months. The bookstore was the same but some parts of the mall were different from the past. I did not buy anything from either. I just walked about. It was rainy on this day too but not as bad as the previous Saturday. After that, I decided to try and watch the UFC from a different spot than usual, so instead of the local Buffalo Wild Wings, why not go back to Twin Peaks, since they were showing it? I do have to mention that a rainy Saturday in Orlando, the way that people drove, especially on International Drive... horrid beyond belief.

I enjoy going there but I should stick with BWW for watching UFC shows. TP doesn't seem to know that there are actually prelim fights on FX before pay per views and they get their pay per views in standard definition instead of HD (I thought that was lame, and no one complained about either thing? I hate to say it but it felt like a time where I felt smarter than many of my fellow customers). At least I was able to watch the Blackhawks play. Unfortunately they lost in overtime in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals. My complaints about fight night is unfortunate as otherwise I enjoyed being there. I had the chicken tenders & fries and a little later in the night I had the mozzarella sticks. Both were pretty tasty. All the ladies at the bar I was sitting at were pretty nice, and needless to say many pretty dames were working there. Right before I leave, I did have to stare at someone sitting at a nearby table, as this middle-aged A-hole was loudly being rude to one of the waitresses. I don't know what it was about but I had to stare at him more than once. I felt bad for that girl having to deal with such an ogre.

As for the UFC show... it wasn't too good. The pay per view portion was “meh” and last night on Fuel TV I got to see the FX portion I missed; that wasn't too good either.

Yesterday was a boring day stuck at home, so I'll close this out by saying... as (almost) always I'll be back a week from today and I know I'll stumble into some adventures to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment