Friday, November 30, 2012

The Blog Where I'm Back In The Saddle Again

Yep, I've returned, sooner than expected. I won't say much about the whole process of dealing with that little car crash thing, except that thankfully I am fine health-wise and I do have another vehicle to drive around; what sort of car it is... that isn't important as of now.

Here is a recap of what I've done since my last blog, meaning the last half of this month. Friday the 16th, I and someone else went to Steak & Shake, also known as the place where I was going to when that wreck happened. The food there was fine but their chocolate peppermint milkshake was pretty great. Interestingly, as me and that person were walking in, we passed by a family leaving, and (of course) in a Southern drawl I heard the dad tell his young kids, “I reckon, if I had the choice, I'd give you roadkill for dinner!” I am not making this up.

Saturday, I managed to catch all of the UFC pay per view at home; nevermind how, but I did. It was something I did not want to miss, as big star Georges St. Pierre was returning to fighting for the first time in 19 months (he tore his ACL) and that main event was quite good. The show itself had its ups and downs but at least ended on a strong note.

Sunday was dull so let me skip ahead to Monday night and the big Chicago Bears game against the San Francisco 49ers. Chicago had to start a backup quarterback and there really isn't much I'd like to say about the game, except that the 49ers won 32-7. Nothing happened until Thanksgiving, where I had a nice meal at home and despite the drama of earlier in the month it was still a nice-enough day. Other people certainly have it worse than me and my immediate family is doing well; that's the most important thing.

The next few days I don't have much to say. I decided not to go to the Central Florida Auto Show nor go out anywhere to see the Bears play. While I do enjoy that auto show and looking at various new cars, it has lost its luster in recent years with not as many auto makers sending cars there so missing it one year isn't too big of a deal, even if there is some vehicles there I wouldn't have minded seeing, mainly the models just introduced. As for the Bears, I had no idea what to expect from the team; the starting QB came back from injury and I did not know how he would play. Turns out, the Vikings have faded and even though a surprising number of Chicago players got hurt during the game, the Bears won 28-10. It sounds like a game that wasn't the best so it's no big loss to not see it. I do plan on watching their next game, which is against a tougher opponent (the Seattle Seahawks).

This week, I started driving around again; I haven't gone far but it was nice to be back on the road again. I haven't been too skittish and I've felt mainly normal about being behind the wheel. Monday, I went to Winter Garden Village where I got some things from Best Buy then Barnes & Noble; I also went to Planet Smoothie where I had a limited edition Nutella drink; believe it or not, I had never tried Nutella in any form before. Not bad. Tuesday, I went to Walmart to get some items, and that's really it in terms of places I went that are worth mentioning.

I'll be back on Monday the 10th so that I can return to posting when I normally do. I'll be able to talk about two Bears games and I am sure I'll get into some adventures worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment