Monday, August 27, 2012

Tales of Oogling/Goggling, Yodeling, & Being Skurred Of Hurricanes

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. Last Monday I ended up going out to dinner with someone I know and we decided to get crabs! To be exact, we went to a Joe's Crab Shack in west Kissimmee in a location that just recently opened. They are wacky and they enjoy talking about crabs. They're also a place that when we were there, many advertisements were plugging that they had Pabst Blue Ribbon. They must be going after the hipster crowd... I was that guy who didn't get seafood there. Instead I had chicken fingers and fries while my friend had some seafood. It was a fine-enough time there. The one time the waiters/waitresses danced (a trademark there) it was to the Quad City DJ's lone hit, C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train), which made me feel ancient as that song came out 16 years ago. Anyhow, I had only been to a Joe's once before, I think in '05 or '06, and it was nice to go somewhere different.

In the evening, Perception returned and boy, what an episode. It revolved around a psychiatrist offering up a pill that allegedly made gay people not gay; it was actually something else that resulted in “mind-blowing sex” (a phrase used a few times) and it was wildly entertaining.

Tuesday, in the morning I did a nice thing and dropped off someone at an airport. Instead of the airport in Sanford it was the infamous Orlando International one. Thankfully at least it isn't hard to navigate getting in or out of there. After I dropped that person off, I decided to head east and have lunch at Larry's Giant Subs, a place I can only visit once in a blue moon as now they only have one location and it's far away for me. I was happy to have a delicious sandwich there. After that I stopped at a random place or two before heading on home.

Wednesday and Thursday was pretty dull so let me skip ahead to Friday. I went out and about and ended up at The Cheesecake Factory, a joint I hadn't been to in too long. It was the same old same old there, but that's fine. Man, I wish that one HOT brunette who used to work there long ago still worked there. I apologize for sounding like a pig there but it's true. Of course I had a burger and fries. In terms of my evening... oh man do I know how to party! I watched something on the Lifetime Movie Network; I know, I know. Of course, it was a film starring Rachael Leigh Cook. It was a Canadian TV movie that hadn't been on American TV before. It's Stealing Paradise; I don't know why it's called that but it's about an MIT genius aeronautical engineer (believe it or not, Cook; even I was amused by that) who has a big project stolen from her by a co-worker. She gets pissed and someone kills that co-worker and everyone thinks it's her. It's a murder mystery sort of thing and no the twist isn't that she actually was the killer. It was someone else. It was fine and entertaining for what it was; of course I oogled and goggled her, to use a pair of words that someone I know online has started to use as of late. While I was watching that motion picture I consumed some alcohol, including a great concotion known as ZOMBIE KILLER, which is apple wine mixed with both cherry and honey. It's great, and no matter what anyone else may think I had a real good time on Friday night.

Saturday, oh what a day. In the late afternoon I left and ate some fast food before going to a German restaurant in Sanford. Someone I know was having a birthday get-together. For the past few years now it was done at that place. Despite my heritage, most German food isn't really for me. Too much onions and odd flavors. This time I had some Black Forest cake. It was really good! It was a fun time there, especially after the band appeared and played the traditional old-time music from the region. Yep, accordion time, singing/clapping along, and songs about drinking beer and getting drunk. Shortly before I left there was a yodeling contest; no, I did not participate but the person celebrating the birthday did. It's a friendly place so you can probably figure out what was done to declare the winner(s); it was fun, and it was amusing seeing the most intoxicated people there make the biggest fools of themselves while performing. From someone's recommendation I had the radler, which is like beer mixed with lemonade. It's actually pretty good.

After that I left and went to... Mako's! It'll be my last time there for at least the next few weeks. I had a real good time there. Besides the usual antics there with the games and loudness and people celebrating bachelorette/bachelor/birthday parties there and scantily-clad ladies, it happened to be the busiest I'd seen it there in a good amount of time, also. What I dug the most was that there was no shortage of good-looking females around. Of course I would greatly enjoy such a scenario, and I did. More oogling and goggling! The wackiest thing I saw there was a girl practically going into the men's room to yell at her wasted boyfriend and to drag him out of there. This time, no blotto'ed girs falling off of the bar. Oh, and I did get a bodyshot from a booty-tacular lady working there, and it was great. Who knows when I'll be back, though.

Sunday, the only thing I did was return to the Orlando International Airport to pick up that person and drive them back. I ate dinner at a nearby Chipotle. The day was pretty dull.

As for that big hurricane which was supposed to hit Florida but now didn't even come close to hitting any area besides Key West and the small islands around that awesome city, a lot of people in this state were awfully stupid about it and being fraidy cats and skurred about it when they really shouldn't have. It's not like this is the first hurricane to hit this state, for Christ's sake! I won't even get into the Republican National Convention being in town and how almost all of today's activities were cancelled way too soon and it turns out there likely was some rain in Tampa but that's it. It makes Florida look awfully stupid, them being dumbasses about something they should have plenty of experience dealing with. I don't want to rip on the state I live in all the damn time but I have to, especially when Floridians act this idiotic. It was rainy for much of Sunday afternoon and it was pouring rain this morning but otherwise the weather hasn't been out of the ordinary.

As for the upcoming week, I don't plan on doing too much. There was going to be a UFC show on Saturday but it got cancelled a few days ago because one of the main event fighters was a selfish A-hole, pretty much. I don't want to rant and rave about that too but I am like many in thinking the whole situation just flat out sucks. Now I'll have to find other things to do to keep me occupied. No matter what I'll be back a week from today, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment