Monday, August 13, 2012

Stories of Bacardi Buckets, Purple Drank, & Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh

So, the Olympics are over now. It was entertaining at times to watch them on TV... even with the NBC network's pretty crappy coverage of it overall. Lord, I didn't watch any of it last night but I heard a lot about how stupid they were. It seemed like they wanted to give one final middle finger to their audience and did so in a grand fashion. No wonder why I tend to ignore broadcast TV in general unless it's sports-related. Then again, most cable networks are pretty terrible these days too... anyhow, an Olympic competitor (a weightlifter from Iran) is actually named Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh. Even for a Persian, what a wild-ass surname.

On Monday the 6th I got a rather troubling spam e-mail. On that day most of it was related to increasing the size of your schlong, to put it bluntly. However, there was also one that was disturbing. All the subject line said was, “Child actress Abigail Breslin turns bad.” Given that she is currently 16 years old, I did not read the e-mail. Who knows what it was all about. Otherwise, the day wasn't too exciting. I did my now usual Monday night thing and watch the show Perception. Once again it was pretty wacky yet greatly entertaining. This time Will from Will & Grace doesn't have a hallucination of a random person but this time of a famous figure... Joan of Arc! The case is religion-based and of course there's science vs. religion talk and I'm not touching that subject with a 10 foot pole on a forum such as this, a blog post. I won't even repeat the statement against God that Will makes, as it's rather blasphemous. He ends up doing something at the end that makes him not look so bad for making such comments.

Tuesday, I went out and about. It's a tooting my own horn sort of thing. I have a Disney Annual Pass and I needed to get it renewed soon, so I chose this day to do such a thing. I picked the Magic Kingdom as I hadn't been there since the wacky night of the 29th of February, where the place was open for 24 hours straight and a surprising number of people were there for the entire 24 hours. I wanted to see the new part of Fantasyland that opened last month. I walked around it and it's a circus-themed thing that has the typical Dumbo ride and a kids roller coaster based on Goofy that I did go on just to try it out. It was a standard kids coaster. I did not stay there for too long as it was busier than expected (the weather was predicted to not be good, and that was true by the time I left) but I still went on Splash Mountain as I usually don't go on it when I'm there. I know, a humble-brag on my part. There was the usual dumb kids/stupid parents there... I tried to ignore that as usual and I had a decent time there. After I rode Splash Mountain the dark clouds rolled in and the rumbling started; I got the heck out of there. That meant no Space Mountain, so no WHOOOO for me.

I was going to stop at a fast food place but on the way there there was me road-raging at some jackass who was impeding traffic because he was an asshole, so I made it clear to him what I thought of his driving “skills”. Yep, I was pretty steamed, but I did not want to have any possible angry confrontations in a local fast food parking lot, so I just drove home and had dinner there.

Wednesday, I went with someone to the restaurant known as Logan's Roadhouse; it's one of those faux-country places where they offer up good buns and have a bucket of peanuts on the table and you deposit the shells right on the ground. I have been there a handful of times before, but this time it was in a brand new location which is the most convenient for me. Nothing to note there; while the wait stuff was discombobulated throughout, at least the order wasn't F'd up and the food itself tasted pretty good, as usual.

Thursday I was out and about for a bit. I visited some spots, including a ghetto-ass thrift shop. It was a fine experience overall, even with... yep, terrible traffic. On Friday I went down to a Walmart that was down by Highway 192 and I blew my stack when I dealt with even more terrible traffic. I made it rather clear to those drivers what I thought of their driving and how they were clearly impeding traffic. I know, not very nice... but they deserved it!

As a random aside, Friday and Saturday on TV they showed on NBC all this rhythmic gymnastic stuff, and it's just weird and abstract to me. It reminds me of that strange interpretive stuff in She's All That which Freddie Prinze, Jr. attends and he watches with a confused look on his face and he ends up getting on stage and rambling on while kicking around a hackey sack... yep, I just referenced She's All That, because I wanted to.

As for Saturday itself, I went to the location known as Friendly Confines to watch the latest UFC pay per view. To be honest, the recently mentioned Bacardi Bucket got my attention. I ended up having quite a wacky night there. As for the event, the preliminary card was pretty entertaining, and the pay per view portion not so much, but it was still fine overall and the main event was nice, although controversial. Now, onto the wackiness...

I had some beer than drank out of the Bacardi Bucket. They had several different flavors and I decided to go for the grape one, as unmanly as it may sound. I'll consider it the Purple Drank, even though actual Purple Drank is illegal as it's made with cough syrup and other flavors to get you high from the syrup's codeine. Once I finished that I was wise and had some water. During the time I was there, there were some wacky characters around and as I think sometimes, this stuff can only happen to me.

Remember the guy who had the gravelly voice and looked like former pro wrestler Arn Anderson? He was there again and I found out that he called himself... Tugboat! Hey, why not? It reminded me of the old WWF wrestler known as Tugboat. Shortly thereafter, a really tall guy appeared. I overheard later he was six foot nine. He wasn't rail-thin either so of course I had no problem with him. Soon, his lady showed up. To be honest she appeared to be zonked out of her mind. I know, a serious thing to say but they argued about how she was out of it, then they left. Then, three young blondes sat by me. Of course I enjoyed that, and not just for their looks. All of them seemed normal and they weren't ditzes or annoying or anything of that sort, even after they had a few drinks. Of course they were mainly drinking beer while I was the one sipping out of a plastic bucket at the time. But they left and soon to replace them was... four guys who were all bro-tastic. I mean, loud and loathsome douchebags, to state it bluntly. I tried my best to ignore them. Thankfully they arrived during the final fight so I did not have to be around them for too long. As soon as the show was over with I got the heck out of there.

Sunday was rather dull so like I mentioned before, this upcoming week is going to be busy. There's voting on Tuesday, I have to pick up some Blu-Rays on that day, and oh yeah, The Expendables 2 coming out on Friday. I hope the movie is as awesome as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment