Monday, June 4, 2012

Stories of Sky Water, Celebrity Tweeting, & The Upcoming Zombie Apocalypse

Yes, I figured I should comment on all the strange stories that have taken place as oflate, many of them happening-of course-in Florida. I say that strange stories happen all the time and this string happens to be noticed because the main thing was a guy high off of a dangerous drug acting like a zombie. Trust me, a lot of strange things happen in Florida almost constantly that can only happen in Florida and no other place besides The Sunshine State.

Here's what I've done since Monday. Memorial Day was a quiet affair so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I had free time so I went to the giant arcade known as DisneyQuest. It was rainy out so what I say about Florida drivers and there being any sort of moisture on the road... it's always true and it was proven again on this day. Someone I know personally said on Facebook on this day the same thing I say about those drivers, and she remarked that Florida people seem to be terrified of “the sky water that is coming down.” Yep, I'm going to steal “sky water”! Anyhow, I did get rained on while walking around there but it's OK. DisneyQuest was entertaining and they had some new pinball tables. Yep, they still make them, believe it or not. The two were of Avatar and Transformers. Both were fun. And I was able to make it there and back with no problems with the sky water.

Wednesday was pretty boring... except for the evening. Monday night while using Netflix Instant (hey, I was able to sign up for a free month; I've seen some films on there and I'll likely pay for at least a month so I can watch some more flicks in June; you can read what I thought of those films at my movie review blog at) I decided to look up some Rachael Leigh Cook films, as for a long time I thought she was rather attractive but I could only go by what I've heard about her being a good actress as I had never actually watched any of her movies. Not even She's All That.

I decided to rectify that and they only had a few movies to choose from (surprising given that she mainly has done low-budget independent films and Netflix is the home for that) and I picked out the most interesting-sounding one, Scorched. It has other familiar faces, like Alicia Silverstone, Woody Harrelson, that curly-haired guy from Road Trip, and even John Cleese. It's a quirky comedy about three people doing three separate bank heists, but it's entertaining. As she's on Twitter-and usually pretty funny on there-I mentioned to her that I finally saw one of her movies. On this night she responded and thanked me for watching it. I decided to respond and mentioned which film it was. She replied back and seemed glad it wasn't one of the poor movies she has done, like that badly-reviewed Get Carter remake she did with Sly Stallone or that film she did with Jessica Simpson, of all people. I don't constantly harrass celebrities on Twitter for a response or a retweet; in fact I rarely try to say anything to them at all. I also don't try to constantly badger the people who run a big wrestling company based in Orlando looking for a tryout with them, but sad to say some local wrestlers around here do just that... anyhow, I was flattered Ms. Cook responded to me. Then again she seems like someone who is always willing to reply to people who say things to her on Twitter, so that is nice of her.

Wednesday was boring so let me skip ahead to Thursday, where in the evening I went to Cold Stone Creamery. I know, the last time I went there I got real mad because they now have a yogurt bar there which is a stupid idea that's just them trying to follow a trend that may be dying out already; it was a clusterfrick in there and it's still the case. But, it was less crowded there so that was good. What was not good was that there was a mom, dad, and two kids there and the two kids were MAJOR brats, crying and whining and hitting each other and I was happy to see them leave. Soon after that a father and young son came in and right away that kid was loudly crying and he actually wanted to leave the place; what a stupid kid! The dad picked him up and carried him out and thank goodness for that. I had the orange dreamsicle and that was as delicious as you'd imagine.

Friday I stayed in except for going out to Best Buy, where I looked around and picked up a random Blu-Ray disc. Saturday I totally stayed in so let me move along to Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. I made a rare trip to the east side of Orlando to visit some places. The main ones are the MovieStop at Waterford Lakes and the other one is at the nearby Cheeburger Cheeburger. I did get some discs at the MovieStop and I had the almost always of a burger and fries at the restaurant and I also had a delicious shake. However, the drive there and back I had to deal with the usual yahoos & stupid-ass idiots on the highway, and it didn't change when I was in those two places. There was no shortage of loathsome obnoxious people and I got pretty tired of them. I especially did not want to have to listen to one waiter at the restaurant talk to his girlfriend, who was there drinking a shake. Half the time they did not even hear each other and it was not that loud in there. They were just that damn stupid and I constantly heard, “Huh? Huh? What?”, and that is yet something else which enrages me. Then, the inane babbling I heard between those two... I did not like either person, to be perfectly honest. At least the food was good...

I'll post my next blog a week from today. I do not have anything planned yet; however, I may end up doing something very exciting during the weekend and it'll make for a very good blog. If not... I'll still try and have a halfway decent blog where I'll do a few interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment