Monday, June 18, 2012

Tales of Sex Robots & Loving The One You're With

Unfortunately this is going to be a rather short blog, as this past week was rather boring for me. The next blog I'll do will be quite a bit more interesting, I promise.

Here's what I've done since Monday. As usual for me Monday through Thursday were not really all that exciting. Tuesday night I went to Downtown Disney where I saw the movie Prometheus (unlike a lot of people, I wasn't wowed by the teaser trailers so thus I wasn't really excited for it, despite loving Alien and Aliens) and despite not having high expectations I still was disappointed by it. It certainly looked rather pretty and it sounded great, and they at least tried to present some big ideas, especially for a summer movie released by a big studio. But the script was rather terrible, giving the movie many plotholes and characters would act one way in a scene and in the very next one they'd do a 180 and act completely differently. Sigh... at least there's the fact that one character gets a totally random bootycall and despite this being set in the late 21st century, STEPHEN STILLS gets referenced. Yes. I couldn't believe it. His most famous song is awesome and all, but that was something else which came completely out of nowhere. I guess by that time the works of Crosby, Stills, & Nash (and sometimes Young) are held in the highest regard...

Wednesday was dull so let me skip ahead to Thursday, where I watched something hilarious in the evening; it was on the Discovery Fit & Health channel and it was a program called SEX ROBOT, about robot fetishism. It was as creepy and odd as you'd expect. I was SO not surprised when they interviewed the first guy they showed. OF COURSE he was a pro wrestling fan. How did I know this? Why, he had several pro wrestling replica belts hanging in his room! Throughout all the wrestling shows I've attended, in general all the guys who brought replica belts to shows and had them on their shoulder as if they were a wrestler... they just looked incredibly creepy and I presumed they were creepy in general. I wouldn't be surprised if those people in general had bizarre fetishes such as getting aroused by robots.

Friday, I went with someone to the hip and happening restaurant known as... Chili's! I know, a dull choice but I knew there were items that my partner enjoyed and I hadn't been there in awhile and it was close by, so why not go there? I had the boneless buffalo wings and they seemed even spicier than usual. Nothing to note there, as it was the usual Chili's experience.

Saturday, I went out and about, but it wasn't too exciting. I went out to the Sand Lake Road area. I stopped at the Barnes & Noble they had there for a few minutes, then I went on to Pinkberry where I had their new seasonal flavor, strawberry. Yep, it was quite good. Then, I went on to Target as I had to pick up some items for someone I know and I was happy to do it... even after I spent more time there than I expected as it was real busy. Of course, many people waited until the night before to purchase Father's Day cards.

Sunday was dull... hey, I told you this was a boring blog. To end things on a somewhat exciting note, I realized that there were some details of the Miami trip that I forgot to include in the previous blog.

While I was at Miami Beach on Saturday I returned to the marvelous Shake Shack. If there was one in Orlando I'd go there all the time and I'd probably weigh like 30 pounds more than I do now. I had their great cheeseburger and I had their key lime pie shake, which was as majestic as it sounds.

The night before I was driving back to the hotel from the UFC show, so it was after 11 PM. I saw some dumbass driving around without his headlights on! Of course I honked at him but it did no good. I'd complain that it was a South Florida thing but I've seen it happen around Central Florida a shocking amount of times. I don't want to rip and make fun of Floridians all the time... but I have no choice but to do so when I see idiocy like that happen right in front of me.

Finally, at the ballgame for like 2 or 3 innings there was a toddler-aged boy wandering around. Despite what it may sound like I am not ALWAYS annoyed by little kids. In fact, that kid was fine... and wore a shirt with a dinosaur that said SNUGGLESAURUS on it. That was tremendous.

Like I said, I promise the next blog I do will be more action-packed than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment