Monday, March 12, 2012

Tete-a-tete's, Kim Jong-Il, And Sprinkle Cookies

Oh, what a fiery blog this is going to be by the end. Wednesday was a blah day for me but Saturday ended up not being so good... aside from a fine-enough night of wrestling action and the return of delicious fudge AND sprinkle cookies.

Here's what I've done the preceding week.

Monday was pretty dull. Tuesday, though, I had some free time. I wasn't quite sure what to do but I decided to go to the Mall at Millenia, as I hadn't been there in awhile. Largely it's the same old same old there. I walked around for a bit and went into a few stores. I was going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory but it was too busy there so I left there and for the first time in awhile I experienced the taste and sensation of BJ's... Restaurant & Brewhouse. I had my usual there, meaning the Berry Burst Cider drink and a pizza, but I got the smallest pizza because it was real cheap at the time; I thus had enough room to try for the first time their special treat known as the pizookie; appropriately enough it's a cookie shaped and baked like a pizza. I got the Oreo version and it's pretty damn great. After that I went home but I stopped at Winter Garden Village for a bit.

Wednesday the only noteworthy things I did was go to the West Oaks Mall to go to Lenscrafters to tighten the screws on my glasses (sometime this year I need to get an eye exam as it has been WAY too long since my last one) and on the way back I stopped at a Big Lots and picked up a few items for cheap. It wasn't the best of days for me. I'll spare the details but it was bad traffic and some other things. I can talk about the old West Oaks Mall. Wow has that place fallen on hard times in the past few years. It seems like the opening of the open-air Winter Garden Village (not that far away) really doomed that area; I mean, most of the stores around the mall have also closed down. Inside the actual mall, many of the spaces for stores are now unoccupied. Now there's really no reason to go there anymore, especially compared to back in the day. Leave The Memories Alone...

Thursday the only highlight was me going to Wal-Mart to pick up a few items. Really, not exciting at all. Friday I stayed at home as I just felt lazy, so instead I'll mention a few random things before I get to the weekend. The first one happened back when I got the iPod Touch at a Best Buy, which happened to be on East Colonial in Orlando (not in the best neighborhood either). When I got back to my car, I saw that there was a Dodge Grand Caravan parked right by me... and the sliding door was open, and yet no one was in the car! No kidding. I had no idea why the door was open but I was there a few minutes opening up the iPod and no one returned to the minivan and the door remained open. I didn't quite know what to do so I just drove off; hey, it didn't look like there was anything real valuable in the car (like a purse or anything of that sort) so I didn't feel too bad doing that. Still, only in Florida... and yet just two days ago I saw the exact same thing! I was in the parking lot of Tilted Kilt up in Lake Mary (more on that later) and it was raining at the time and yet I saw some random car that had its passenger door obviously ajar; see why I always trash about the state of Florida now?

Also, on Twitter I saw quite the odd sight: a guy with a gimmick account of Kim Jong-Il found me and pointed out my Twitter name to a Chicago-area guy, and referred to me as “that n***a”! I swear this is true. It turns out that Chicago-guy was someone I had talked to a real long time ago but I still knew who it was so it was all good. I don't know who the other guy was but that account referring to me as the N word... that did get a retweet!

Saturday, oh what a day. I ended up stopping at the Altamonte Mall for a bit before going to the Tilted Kilt for the first time in months and then up to Sanford to see a wrestling show and see some people I know. It was rainy weather the way up there and the way back, and what I've said before about driver IQ's in wet weather lowering even lower than usual was proven true. I walked around for a bit at the mall before heading on over to the Tilted Kilt, which had a ridiculous parking situation that turned me off. Still, I went in as I needed to eat food right away. I had a well-needed mixed drink and I had my usual of a burger and fries. While eating dinner I had a biker woman (many bike-riders were around at the time) sit close by me-yes, my theory of attracting undesireable people like moths are attracted to a flame is still true-and right away she was pretty nasty as she was impatient and wanted to order food RIGHT AWAY. What a tete-a-tete, and what an awkward moment that was; I'm glad I was drinking at the time! Thankfully for the rest of the time she was more normal... at least as normal as she can be.

I then went to the wrestling show in Sanford, and like I said in the past it's more these days me meeting up with people I know than anything else; I don't mean that to insult the wrestlers on the shows as most of them I do enjoy watching them compete a lot. It's just that they-like pretty much all pro wrestling promotions these days-have no idea how to book and properly use the wrestlers and create storylines that people give a damn about. Yes, ALL promotions across the world seem to be doing it wrong, at least in my opinion. No wonder why MMA has done so well in recent years. Well, with this Sanford promotion they also seem to book random guys for random shows; there's not too many storylines and it seems way too random to me. Sure, I realize there are issues with the promoter which have been made public online (when they shouldn't have; really, I shouldn't know this info but I do); I'll be nice and not mention them. It's just that the promotion often doesn't make too much sense and I'm not a fan of that thing.

The show itself was still entertaining with some quality matches; still, I don't know when I'll be back to their promotion. You see, one thing was different this time. Instead of the usual people at the table taking and giving out tickets, there was two random assholes (the perfect term for them) who did that. As the doors opened many minutes after they were supposed to (a common thing at most independent wrestling shows across the country, unfortunately), instead of just having the doors open and people file in like everyone does, these Troglodytes decided to act like this was Mako's or another nightclub and a few people were let in at a time but then you had to wait for like a minute before other people were let in! Why in the F*** this was done I don't know but I really wanted to spit in their faces, that's how terrible they were at their job, AND they were rude too. It took WAY too long to get in the building and I'll lay it on the line now... as long as those new guys are still there doing a horrible job at letting people in and handing out/taking tickets, I do not want to go to that promotion ever again. Honest. It's either them or me! So who knows when I'll be back there. And yes, I am pretty sure the people in charge will end up hearing this statement sooner or later.

Oh, and some associates of Jared David St. Laurent were there; thankfully there was no issue with those individuals. At least the show was fine (although during one segment, an African-American wrestler was referred to by some bad guys as “boy”. Yes, in 2012! They didn't need to go there) and once again the real-life wrestling couple of Jesse Neal and Christina Von Eerie were there, meaning her delicious treats were there, and that's no euphemism. She had her delicious cookies and fudge there once again, and that was very good news. So yeah, what a day I had on Saturday.

Sunday was a boring day, so I'll mention that I'll be back a week from today with a new blog. Hopefully it'll be cheerier than this one. I do know that I'll talk more about my iPod Touch then, and yes I have finally played Angry Birds! Even I can enjoy that game. I also should have some other things to talk about for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment