Monday, March 5, 2012

The Blog Where I Apologize For Party Rocking

Yes, I'm referencing the song Sorry For Party Rocking from the wacky electro-rap group known as LMFAO, best known as those two weird dudes who performed with Madonna for like 2 minutes during the Super Bowl halftime show. I know a lot of people hate them but I have no issue with them and in fact if you're at a place like Mako's drinking a few brewskis, then their party songs are the perfect backdrop. Plus, I'll always be greatly amused by the fact that one is the son and the other is the grandson of Berry Gordy, of all people.

Alright, so this will be a nicer and not so downbeat blog, unlike the last one I posted. I won't refer to any kids as little dictators (even though that's something I did in the past on my old wrestling blog, and whenever I said it, it was well-deserved) nor will I bemoan and complain about various things like I did the last time.

One thing I should have mentioned in the last blog was that because I was out and about on the 25th I missed the big UFC show that took place in Japan. Sure, I taped the bouts they had on FX and watched them the next afternoon but I ended up seeing the pay per view another way; of course I'm referring to purchasing the replay of the pay per view a few days later, as what else would I be referencing... point is, I did end up seeing it and it was a hell of a show.

Monday was pretty dull and Tuesday I only went to a local Best Buy to pick up some things that someone I know requested me to track down-with monetary compensation-so let me skip ahead to Wednesday night and... Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. In case you didn't hear, for Leap Day the Magic Kingdom was open for 24 hours straight. No kidding. And I know there were varous people who were there the whole time, meaning they were up for more than 24 hours straight; that's rough and no way could I have done that. I got to the parking lot of the Transportation & Ticket Center, waiting to go to the Magic Kingdom a little before 8, and I left that same parking lot after 1:30 AM.

As for my time there, it was a popular event. I'm sure now that Disney is kicking themselves for not trying this years ago. If I would have known that they would be doing fireworks at 8 as I was on the ferry to the Magic Kingdom, I would have left earlier; what ended up happening was that once I disembarked and got on Main Street, I went to the usual shortcut at the Crystal Palace to get to Adventureland. I don't even know how it happened but everyone got stuck in the mother of all clusterfricks and people could hardly move for who knows how many minutes. I wish I had an explanation for why it became so packed but I don't. Finally I was able to follow some people who made their own path and I got out of that hellacious situation. It wasn't a good start to the night but after that things improved. I went on some rides I hadn't been on in far too long, like the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. I wasn't able to go on Space Mountain (WHOOOOOO!) as the line was always real long for that. I did a few other things, ate some food... and oh yeah, because I heard it was closing at the end of this month, I went on the Snow White ride. It's fine as a dark ride, although I noticed that in it the dwarves get real short shrift, barely appearing in it at all. But anyhow...

Thursday, I decided to make my return to Friendly Confines in Winter Park, as I saw they literally had new menus and I wanted to see if they had new items on the menu too. Turns out, it looked as if the menu was largely the same, with some new items offered up. I had the usual there and it was the same old good time there.

On the way back I stopped at a Best Buy and I did something I thought I'd never do... I bought an Apple product, and an iPod Touch at that! I mainly got it as an Internet machine for the times that I am away from home and I need to log onto Facebook, look at Twitter, or need to look up needed info. I had the cash I was given as a birthday present to buy one (in white) and after downloading a variety of apps, I think it's pretty rad. While I'll always be bothered by the usual Apple annoyances of making some things way more complicated than they need to be, an app where I can ID any song I hear playing that I don't know, another one where I can listen to a plethora of different radio stations, and yet another where I can look up gas prices; it's a really cool device I'll get a lot of usage out of. For now at least I'll still use my Sansa player to listen to MP3's but if that stops working then I'll make the transition.

Friday through Sunday were dullsville. I didn't feel like doing much at all. I did watch some MMA on TV and I had to multi-task on Saturday as I actually watched all 10 hours of The Godfather: A Novel for Television on AMC while watching mixed martial arts at the same time and also doing stuff online. That Godfather thing was the first two movies edited in chronological order and some added scenes; it originally aired on NBC in the late 70's and it rarely gets shown on TV. Those movies are awesome and the added scenes are cool (although also found on the old DVD boxset and now the Blu-Ray boxset) but the second movie works best in the way it's told with the ascension of Vito with the downfall of Michael being told at the same time.

I'll be back a week from today. I only have a thing or two planned for the upcoming week but as always I know I'll stumble into doing a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment