Monday, March 19, 2012

Bear Bites Woman In The Rear, & Other Sordid Tales

Yes, I actually saw that phrase displayed on the screen when I was channel-surfing and came across a local news station. They were reporting about an incident that happened in an apartment complex in the suburb city of Longwood, and believe me I got a huge laugh out of that headline.

Here's the spillover of the things I wasn't able to say in the last blog due to length reasons.

I am still enjoying the iPod Touch. It's mainly an app machine and that's fine with me. I don't really have any games on it but curiousity finally got the better of me and I downloaded all the free versions of Angry Birds. Now I can see why the game is so popular, although I am surprised that it was the game which by happenstance became a mainstream hit.

As of late I've seen some really bad drivers on the road. I won't get into all the details but there were some real nincompoops I've seen. For example, last Saturday when I went up to Sanford I was on a 2 lane road not that far from home. There was a car stopped in the road as they had their turn signal on and they were waiting for traffic in my lane to pass before they could turn left. It turns out the car behind them was not paying attention (I didn't see them talking on the phone so they must have not been paying attention) and as they were a ways back they had to slam on their brakes once they finally saw the car was stopped and as I had my windows open I got to hear the tires squeal and he literally smoked the tires but I didn't hear any collision take place so he was real lucky. There were other cars a little behind that idiot so they almost crashed themselves; I am shocked more accidents don't take place in this state.

My Monday proved to be dull so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I had free time so I went to Downtown Disney to see a film; it was Chronicle, something that I wasn't sure about but after hearing strong praise from reliable sources I finally saw it. It was much better than the teenybopper crap I was expecting when I first heard about it. It's really good and also pretty dark. After I left there, I went to Kissimmee as I wanted to eat at Larry's Giant Subs for the first time in awhile. Of course I get there and that location is now closed. Figures, the places I enjoy end up closing as there aren't enough people like me. See, the great Pac-Man Cafe, Twisted Burger, and now this place; they have another location in Orlando but it's way out in the southeast by the Orlando International Airport (an area I generally avoid and it's far away) and who knows if that location is still open either. Sigh.

I instead drove north and ate at a place that is thankfully still open and was doing pretty good business while I was there, which was the Lime Fresh Mexican Grill. It's a good place with good food. After that I went to Pinkberry for the first time in awhile and had half original and half blood orange, which is a great combo.

Wednesday through Friday wasn't too exciting; however, Thursday I went to McDonalds to partake in the Shamrock Shake; good stuff. Friday, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some items I needed, and Saturday I went to Firehouse Subs for lunch mainly to get something from their Coca-Cola Freestyle machine (I got Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, which is also good stuff; if they ever bring back Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream I'll be a happy man. Then again I still wish that one day I could have Dr. Pepper Red Fusion, Mountain Dew MDX and Pepsi Summer Mix, but I'm not holding out hope for that), and me going out to that place and wearing a green shirt was as exciting as my St. Patrick's Day is.

So, I'll mention that I've had some odd dreams as of late. Dreaming about the old chocolate lab that I had as a kid is one thing; I can't quite explain why another one was about me bicycling in the Philippines. I'll also mention that I now know for certain I'll be in South Florida (the area around Miami) the weekend of the 31st of this month as this year Wrestlemania is in Miami and while I'm not expecting to go to that-as WWE has been HORRIBLE for like the past 10 years now-I do know I'll be at some shows that smaller independent wrestling companies are putting on which should be of high quality. Besides those events I'll visit some familiar haunts which I usually visit when I'm in that area, and I'll check out some cool eateries too. I'm looking forward to that as I haven't been there in almost a year. As people I know will be around there the entire weekend I am sure I'll have a great experience and hopefully that Wrestlemania Weekend will go better than the one I had in 2008 when that big show was in Orlando and aside from the pair of shows I saw the weekend was pretty poor.

Sunday, the only thing I did was go to Winter Garden Village and I picked up some things at Barnes & Noble.

I'll be back a week from today with a new blog. It should hopefully be more eventful than the past week I had. I plan on seeing a movie or two and I'll try to enjoy this really nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment