Monday, September 12, 2011

The Bears, Yapping Dogs, & Eatin’ Like Elvis

To start this off, I won’t say too much about what yesterday was or all of those bad memories. I’ll prefer to keep this a more cheery blog, and I’ll leave the negativity when I get to my usual bitchin’ and moanin’.

There isn’t too much to say about Labor Day so I’ll skip ahead to Tuesday. I went to downtown Disney, walked around a bit, and then saw the movie Apollo 18. It’s yet another “found footage” movie but at least it had an interesting twist in that the movie claimed it was footage hidden from public view until it got leaked somehow this year about a mission that happened after Apollo 17, which was the last time we went to the moon; the movie says that in the 18th mission there was a strange discovery on the moon which led to various horrors. I heard some toxic reviews about the movie and how it was allegedly so awful. I watched it and it wasn’t that bad. In fact, most of my complaints were with the dumbshit audience I had to deal with while watching the movie. It wasn’t as bad as in other instances, but no surprises that the dumbest fools left their trash in the theatre instead of bringing it with them 30 feet and dropping it off in the trash bin. It makes my job of looking down on them all the easier. After that, I drove a little bit east to eat at Larry’s Giant Subs, as they offer delicious food and I happened to order something that resulted in a free combo; I was happy with that.

Wednesday was dull so I’ll skip ahead to Thursday. In the afternoon I went to Winter Garden Village for a bit, where I picked up a Blu-Ray and I went to Planet Smoothie, as I once again found some coupons for that place. I got what had to be the unhealthiest drink at that healthy-minded place, which was a concoction known as the Chocolate Elvis; it featured chocolate, bananas, and peanut butter. One of Elvis’s favorite meals with a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich, and I know from experience that it’s a good meal, as I once at it at a restaurant in Memphis, but that’s a story I’ll have to tell another day.

After that there was the evening, where I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings for some grub, alcohol, and some football action as the first game of the NFL regular season took place. The Green Bay Packers defeated the New Orleans Saints 42-34. It was a wildly entertaining game. I wish the Packers wouldn’t have won as I’m a Bears fan but at least offensively they were rather impressive. I at first was inside and ate there but I got tired of the dude bartender I had to deal with and I really got tired with the fools I had to sit by; once again, the rule of me attracting the stupidest people as if I was a light and they were moths was proven true. They were meathead Packers fans (not that I’m saying ALL Green Bay fans are meatheads; I know at least a few Packers backers!) and one lady was yapping away nearly constantly as if she was a little dog those dumb celebrity ladies just love to have as if they were an accessory akin to a bracelet. A dog would be more intelligent than that girl, too. She was just a drama queen and I couldn’t wait to get away from that bimbo.

I went outside to their patio to watch the rest of the game; sure, it meant having to deal with damn smokers but I enjoyed it out there. Like the only other time I was there on a Thursday, it was Biker’s Night there, meaning both Harley’s and Kawasaki’s. They had a DJ spinning the type of music the crowd would enjoy, and usually it’s the type of music I enjoy too. Those bikers were well-behaved and weren’t wild and out of control, thankfully. There was also some attractive young ladies around, which I’ll never complain about. As they sometimes do, they have a random young dame walking around selling shots of whatever; I ended up having one that was a combo of Red Bull, watermelon, and tequila. It wasn’t the tastiest combo but I still am glad I was able to quaff it.

Friday and Saturday were low-key and I mainly spent time watching college football so let’s skip ahead to Sunday and my trip to Friendly Confines in the eastern part of Orlando to watch the Bears play against the Atlanta Falcons. It turns out I could have watched the game at home… I still wanted to go out to FC, as I could watch many games at the same time. It was crowded there but I managed to find a seat at the bar and unlike what happened too often last year, I didn’t end up sitting by stupid A-holes. Atlanta was a real good team last year so I wasn’t even sure if the Bears were going to win. Turns out, except for some miscues Chicago looked pretty good and were able to win 30-12. I was very impressed with their performance.

Driving back from Friendly Confines to home I stopped at the nearest Arby’s to get some dinner to bring home. After I left Arby’s but before I got home there was an incident of road rage. In short, I almost wrecked with someone as they were driving way too fast on Highway 50; I honked at the guy for being an asshole. A little later I got off of 50 in order to get home and for a moment I thought that asshole was following me! I liberally used the accelerator (but still didn’t drive way over the speed limit) to get away from the Troglodyte; I quickly lost sight of him so I can only presume that clown wasn’t actually going to chase after me, but I am still glad I honked at him for his reckless ways, even though it resulted in a real elevated heartbeat for a moment there and whenever stuff like that happens (I’ve gotten chased more times than I care to admit!) it’s a real adrenaline dump and it takes a bit of time for me to cool off and forget about the incident. I did not let that ruin my enjoyment of my time at Friendly Confines or the Arby’s meal.

I’ll be back on Monday the 19th. I do not have too much planned for the upcoming week aside from going back to FC this upcoming Sunday to watch the Bears play against the aforementioned New Orleans Saints. I think that’ll be another game that could be real tough for Chicago. I do not know what other adventures I’ll get involved with; as usual I’ll end up doing various things.

No comments:

Post a Comment