Monday, September 19, 2011

An Agglomeration Of A New Blog

I know, I’m using a fancy word for a blog there (it means “the action or process of collecting in a mass”) but I couldn’t think of a better title for this, so that’s what I went with.

My Monday and Tuesday was not noteworthy at all so let me skip ahead to Wednesday. I had free time and I wanted to do something different so I went up to Lake Mary. First, I went to the theatre up there (the AmStar 12) to watch Fright Night-in 2D instead of 3D-to check it out as I heard wide variances from both the critics and the fans on if the movie was any good or not. Me, I thought that while it wasn’t as bad as I heard from some places, the movie wasn’t all that great either. A lot of bitchy characters and gigantic plot holes really hurt things. A shame, as there were some interesting ideas and exciting scenes. There was actually a few other people watching the movie in the auditorium, and in a rarity for me, I experienced no stupidity from them at all.

After that I went to the nearby Tilted Kilt, for the food of course. Actually, it’s not only also for the drink (I had a mixed one which wasn’t too shabby) but also for the ladies, and many of them who work there look awful nice. I enjoyed that along with the almost always of the burger and fries that I got.

As typical, I witnessed some horrid driving on my way there and back. For example, when I was returning home, I saw someone driving really poorly. I mean, they almost rear-ended someone several times. I caught up to them and to the non-surprise of me, it was some chick who was busy texting on her phone. Figures. I’m against anyone doing that sort of garbage, no matter their sex.

Thursday, I ended up going out to dinner with someone I know; long story but that was an important day for the person so they wanted to go out. We decided on the local Cracker Barrel, as it was close by and I hadn’t been there in a long while. Funnily enough, after the experience I had there it’ll be awhile before I decide to return there… or even their neat-o store that they have attached to the restaurant. Most (in fact, almost all) of the restaurants in my lifetime I’ve visited have the common sense to list all of the stuff that is included in the food you ordered like, say, a cheeseburger. Not the Cracker Barrel, though. I was quite unhappy with that, although I was still able to consume what I ordered. What left me even more miffed was how some of the customers acted; not all the old people in there. They kept to themselves and didn’t act dumb. If only the white trash families there would have done the same, instead of being stupid and not being able to properly control their kids or in one case, being real dicks to their kids. I guess I shouldn’t expect better from a place calling itself the CRACKER Barrel.

Friday, I went to Winter Garden Village to pick up something as a present for some people I know. Even though I know they don’t read this, I won’t want to give away what the present is as they won’t be getting it until “the right time”. I’ll just say that it was something which was released on this day and it’s a big deal… hopefully you can figure it out. I happened to purchase it from Best Buy as I saw that if you got it there you got a free t-shirt with a famous character from that series on the front. I’ll be keeping the shirt, by the way.

Saturday was dull; I spent it at home, watching college football, being dead tired, and spending part of the day fixing an issue with the computer I use. Eventually I figured out what the issue was and I rectified the problem, but I wasn’t happy having to spend time dealing with that. I was tired because I had a rather strange dream involving being in a swamp and dealing with large killer hogs! It sounds like what could be a good low-budget horror movie, by the way; also, the large killer hogs weren’t actually Jared David St. Laurent and David Tuthill, although it’s understandable to make that mistake… speaking of college sports, I’ve started to be turned off by it. Not by the competitors but rather the people who run college sports and their apparent determination to try and ruin it with corruption and stupidity. That’s another rant for another time, though.

Sunday, I went to see the Chicago Bears play against the New Orleans Saints and sad to say, the Saints were just the better team. The Bears started off fine-enough but injuries and just poor play caused Chicago to lose 30-13. Even if it wasn’t for the injuries, Chicago wouldn’t have won. The Saints definitely played better. As the game became less interesting, I paid attention more to the other games going on that were close. I tried not to pay attention to some of the idiots who were too close to comfort to me (yes, the theory of me attracting idiots like moths are attracted to a flame once again proved true); at least there were some interesting people by me too, including an old couple where the lady was pretty wild; she bragged about how back in the 60’s she drove a then-new Mustang and had a blast with it; that’s ranks high on the awesome scale, IMO.

Also while I was there, I heard some guy referencing “the rippin’ and the tearin’”; I laughed as I got the reference. If you don’t, look it up on YouTube, if you dare. It involves an old guy at a resort in Jamaica called Hedonsim (enough said right there) wearing a Speedo and dancing around in a real lewd manner.

Anyhow, I’ll be back Monday the 26th. Not too much is on the agenda for the upcoming week aside from watching the UFC pay per view on Saturday and probably seeing a movie or two on the big screen. As always, I’ll find other adventures to get involved with.

No comments:

Post a Comment