Sunday, June 11, 2023

Bad Restaurant Experiences, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers & the Toronto Blue Jays

My bad for not doing one of these in May; this post and one I'll make tomorrow evening will have me all caught up with what I've done since April 30. It hasn't been too terribly eventful—unfortunately, the main thought in my head is that in 2023, there have been far too many poor restaurant experiences. No specific examples will be given but a long while ago I heard from somewhere the idea that the pandemic decimated the entire restaurant landscape... meaning that many of the best left the field during the time so what we get now is totally lousy at best: keeping the building clean, the quality of the food, the service, and a lack of employees in general.

Whether it be new places or ones I've revisited after a long while, too many have just let me down or at the very worst, angered me. That's why I was relieved that at some places (like local chain Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill or the T-Rex Cafe at Disney Springs) it was a huge relief that those places had no issues to speak of. Heck, me and two people went to a Golden Corral on I-Drive (their idea) and for as busy as they were, there were no complaints to be complained about.

One day I went to St. Petersburg to see the Tampa Bay Rays play against the Toronto Blue Jays; the Rays have done surprisingly great so far this season. In an exciting game that Tampa Bay almost choked away at the end-not the only time that's happened this season-and it was good times. So was visiting a Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers in Clearwater (they have two, believe it or not); it's a chain I first heard about online years ago so it was exciting to visit one around Biloxi, Mississippi back when I was in a vehicle being driven from Florida to Wichita, Kansas. They now have a few locations in Florida-one day they're supposed to debut in Orlando. It would have been preferable if that place didn't blast LOUD music or there had been some sort of snafu with my order... but at least the lady who took my order noticed I hadn't received it yet so she personally handled that and it was appreciated; so was the good quality of said food.

Otherwise, the rest of the highlights in the past 6 or so weeks will be discussed tomorrow; I would be remiss if I didn't mention that another decent restaurant experience was Ford's Garage in Kissimmee—thank heavens that place hasn't fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment