Monday, June 12, 2023

Kandahar, Sisu, Orlando Wetlands Park, The Iron Sheik & Milk: The House of Cereal

Catching up, I first have to mention that it was sad to hear that pro wrestler The Iron Sheik passed away last week; what a fascinating life he had (if quite sad at times) and I actually got to meet him once at a wrestling show like 15 or so years ago... he was one of a few legends present for an autograph signing so somewhere I have an autographed photo of him.

I've only seen two movies theatrically since late April; Sisu was insufferable and was not as fun as you'd expect from the premise of “a Finnish dude kills many Nazi villains in Lapland during World War II” but at least Kandahar was fine... even if it was a movie filmed in Saudi Arabia so I had to figuratively hold my nose while watching it. The rest of the summer, there's a few films I plan on checking out theatrically; that includes the new Indiana Jones, which I am incredibly wary of but I really hope that is not as dreadful as it could be.

One day last month I went on over east of Orlando to the Orlando Wetlands Park; it was a place I discovered in a Facebook ad. It's a pleasant scenic area which not only has a wide variety of animals to see (birds, turtles, and alligators) but there is a new boardwalk which goes over part of the marshland which presents great views of wildlife. It was a neat thing to do once... as was this past Saturday returning to the Dezerland complex in Orlando. Yesterday I got a Groupon for usage later in the summer, and that will be at The Pinball Palace; however, the novelty place I ate at on Saturday was the amusingly named Milk: The House of Cereal. That is one of those cereal bars that have started becoming hip; you pay a few bucks for a bowl of cereal and milk; I had lemon frosted Cheerios. That was a first-time try and those were pretty good.

Otherwise, nothing important to mention about life the past month and a half or so. I'll be back in a few weeks and I know there will be more to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment