Sunday, April 30, 2023

Mountain Dew Summer Freeze, Return of the Jedi, the Big New Yorker Pizza & Sodough Square

At the end of April, there are several things to mention. One surprise was that this past Monday I was at a Walmart and unexpectedly saw that Mountain Dew had a limited edition flavor which just premiered that day. Summer Freeze has the flavor of those red white and blue pops we all had as kids. Yes, it did make me feel fine...

On another day time was spent in Orlando. Besides visiting the Publix at College Park (which has a retro exterior; the interior is normal... and cramped) there was Sodough Square, a Detroit style pizza joint named for its neighborhood which I heard about on social media. That style of pizza is fine; it was better than experiencing it frozen or from Pizza Hut, which happened in the past. Speaking of Pizza Hut—a few months ago I randomly saw a 1999 ad on YouTube for the Big New Yorker Pizza, something I only barely remembered. Thus, I had to have it when they brought it back for a limited time this year. In fact, I've had it twice I liked it so much. Don't worry, I still like Chicago-style pizza too...

The only other details I'll mention now is that I saw a pair of movies on the big screen. First was The Pope's Exorcist. It helped going in that I already knew how silly and over the top the film was. It definitely was silly and was mostly what you would expect from an exorcism/possessed motion picture. That said, it was a hoot, due to the overarching plot and Russell Crowe as the title character. Even more recent was Return of the Jedi; I couldn't turn that down, even if it was the “special edition” with added nonsense such as CG which only serves as a detriment. Despite that, it was still awesome to see it that way. In the 90's when I was a kid the original trilogy was at home on VHS so all three were watched at least a few times; those are nice memories to think of again. While Star Wars in recent years is something I'm definitely not a fan of, thank heavens that the original trilogy is timeless.

As for May, there are only a few ideas as to what I could be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment