Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween, Total Recall, Psycho, Gaelic Sports & BubbaQue's BBQ

I wanted to write one of these before the month concluded as after tomorrow, Facebook won't have a Notes function any longer. Never fear... I've always concurrently posted these on a Blogspot page so in the future, I'll link these in a Facebook post whenever I do one of these.

The past few weeks have not been too eventful; at least I've been able to see a few films on the big screen. One was the original Total Recall-that movie is great so it was awesome seeing it theatrically for the first time. Another was the original Psycho-I've been lucky in having seen that theatrically a few times now. There was also The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was only my second time seeing it... and both were revival theatrical screenings. Another night was a new one-Honest Thief. Not the best Liam Neeson motion picture of its time but still fine and I've seen far worse starring him. Before seeing Psycho, I stopped at a Florida chain I was not even familiar with until recently: BubbaQue's BBQ. I now regret not having gone to one before as they have decent food and especially in this time, it's nice to support local businesses. Another place I visited was in Kissimmee one day: Miami Grill. In the past when I was near Miami one afternoon I ate there under its former name Miami Subs & Grill; they also have decent food.

Concerning sports, I won't list all my opinions of those currently in action or just concluded... I can't be mad that the Dodgers won the World Series as I know someone who is a big fan of the team. The NFL, that's hardly been paid attention to. The league is still not fun to watch anymore and it is pure luck that the Chicago Bears are 5-2... I am sure they will lose their next few games. Via YouTube I finally got to see the Irish sister sports of Gaelic football and hurling. I now wish those two could be seen on American television as they both are a lot of fun from the few games I streamed. At least I was able to recently watch the championship games of the Australian Football League (that's Australian rules football) and the rugby league they have in the Land Down Under.

While the Halloween season does seem different from previous years, I still have done my best to feel in the proper mood; at least I've watched plenty of horror movies. I will return sometime in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment