Thursday, October 8, 2020

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Tremors, 42 & Mountain Dew Maui Burst

I've been thinking of awhile of doing another one of these; I am sure everyone can understand how I am still in a malaise due to everything that has gone on in 2020 and how everything is just different now. The fact that as of late several people I know have had COVID scares (all of them tested negative, thankfully) and it's easy to feel “blah” sometimes. Still, I do try my best... also, while nothing was said by me to this person, I was appalled recently when I was in a Publix grocery store and not only did a mom not wear a mask, so didn't her two small children. I will list some highlights:

Last month I did go to Walt Disney World for the first time since February. It was at Hollywood Studios so I could finally go on the attraction that replaced The Great Movie Ride (Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway)-it was a good time and I enjoyed the look & feel of the attraction. Sometime later this month I'll return to the park. Pro tip: apparently it is a part of the collective unconscious that now you need to make a reservation before going to any of the WDW parks. I certainly never heard that beforehand; it led to an awkward situation at the gate but a nice lady employee helped me there.

On another note, since the last time I wrote I had several sodas new to me. This includes Crush Sour Patch Kids Berry-thankfully not that sour-Mountain Dew VooDew II, and Mountain Dew Maui Burst... actually introduced late last year at Dollar General stores but I never could locate it then... and a few weeks ago stumbled upon it at a different Dollar General from the ones I tried at the time. Nothing new when it comes to trying new restaurants, although last weekend I went by Oviedo so for the first time in a long while I had Mooyah, which has decent fast food. The only other thing to mention is that I went to the cineplex a few times since the last I wrote. The first highlight was 42, the 2013 sports biopic they brought back to pay tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman-that was pretty good. I am glad I finally saw that as his death was as shocking to me as it was to everyone else. The other one was Tremors; while it is melancholy that mom would have found it great that I would be able to see it on the big screen, it was still an experience I appreciated-it's a movie I've loved since I was a kid. Hopefully cinemas can survive the pandemic but that is definitely uncertain with how things have gone the past few months... I know for certain that not too many people have gone back yet.

Sometime later in the month I'll return; what interesting events I'll discuss, now that's up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment