Monday, December 9, 2019

The One Time I Saw Two 80's Christmas Classics Theatrically

I'll be real here: in the preceding week I only had two interesting days of note. As I know people won't care too much to hear about me visiting local stores such as Lucky's Market or Walmart... or how I did not watch the Chicago Bears game. Instead, let me discuss last Friday and last Sunday. I also won't carp about the traffic I experienced in the past week, whether it be in town or the times I went into Orlando or the suburbs.

Friday, I went to the AMC at Disney Springs, where there was no issues with power outages and I viewed... National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Of course I've seen that a few times before but the last viewing was several years in Kansas while I was on a literal Christmas vacation and it was on a cable channel so it was a TV edit where some of the best lines of dialogue were taken out. Thankfully the movie is still very good, along with being very funny and having many unforgettable moments. Also while I was at Disney Springs, I had dinner at Splitsville, a place which does not have the cheapest food but at least it is very tasty; in addition, I just about laughed when I was in the Columbia Sportswear store & saw that they had special Star Wars jackets which are standard light jackets (I know as they had those elsewhere) w/ a symbol on them, and the price was TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. I've had a fleece jacket from them for years and it's done the job admirably, but the cost of those Star Wars jackets are preposterous.

Sunday, I returned to Pointe Orlando. First, I ate at the B.B. King Blues Club, as I had only been there twice before, and that was years ago. Their food and drink are still good, thankfully. I had to leave before their house band starting playing-they were warming up as I had my dinner-and then I went to the nearby Regal Cinemas, which was the main attraction for the day. For the second time ever, I had a 4DX experience; that is a gimmick where the seats move around & there are various effects, such as water-which can be turned off by pressing a button on the seat-wind, scents, puffs of air, etc. The first time was It and last night was... Gremlins. Yes, during the evening they showed that 1984 film and while a few times the seats slowly moved for no real reason, otherwise it went about how you'd expect... the scene where Billy's mom fights against several gremlins was of course the wildest moment for effects. The movie is still wacky (after all, the title creatures watch Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs in a cinema, and they get drunk in a bar) yet it's fun and the on-screen magic is still magical 35 years later. The sequel I also enjoy, for entirely different reasons as that is rather weird.

When I return next Monday... who knows what I'll be discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment