Monday, June 3, 2019

Old Town Road, Godzilla, Sunset Walk & New Grills

No, by “new grills” I don't mean I am like Paul Wall and I have grillz in my mouth! I'll explain at the end. The preceding week I had wasn't too terribly interesting until the weekend. I did have a plan or two but things changed so for the most part I was low-key. The main thing I'll mention is that on Tuesday, I had free time so I ended up at a BJ's Restaurants & Brewhouse as I hadn't been to one in awhile. They have tasty food and my time there went fine. The drive there and back was at times hairy but that is typical, really. It was actually nice not being stressed out over traffic for a few days. Thus, let me mention a song that has been mega over for awhile now but just heard last month.

I knew there was a controversy over a tune called Old Town Road, by Lil Nas X... specifically, that it was taken off the country charts. Finally having heard it-both the original and the remix with Billy Ray Cyrus, how it is a country song? It's a lame rap ditty with my “favorite” device, Autotune! As I've said before, I am happy now to ignore modern pop music, with only a few exceptions.

Anyhow, the only other things of note happened during the weekend so let's get to that. Saturday I finally went and saw the new Godzilla. In the past I've watched a decent amount of the old Japanese Toho movies; I hate the '98 American one but the 2014 version was pretty cool, even if yeah there should have been at least a little more Godzilla. I had already heard this latest edition was quite different, and it was. It became a dumb modern summer blockbuster, which typically is something I avoid as they are just stupid. However, it was also inspired by some of the Godzilla films of the past, including villain motivations and honestly, the villains might as well have been aliens... and could have been but never were identified as such. The plot of King of the Monsters is outlandish... but, some of the Japanese films had such things as time travel, cyborgs, aliens that are actually apes, and humanoids that live underwater named Seatopians... so in comparison King of the Monsters is not as peculiar.

After the film I went to Sunset Walk, the new area by the new Margaritaville Resort in Kissimmee. I picked out BurgerFi as I hadn't been to one in awhile and I did have some good food. Sunday, I helped a parent put together a new grill; their old one became dirty and rusty so it was time for a new one and it was cheaper to buy one and assemble it yourself, so I helped them out with that... as it was a two person job. That job was completed w/ no complications. When I return a week from today... of course I know of a few things I will be discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment