Monday, June 10, 2019

Andy's Frozen Custard, Dr. Pepper Dark Berry, Brightburn & Mountain Dew Liberty Brew

Last Monday I did nothing at all except having a meal at a local Chili's-that went fine. Tuesday was different-yes, I had to make yet another airport journey. After dropping someone off at the Sanford airport, on the way back I went to a Big Lots where I purchased some items (including movies; the highlight there was eight Blumhouse horror movies on DVD for only 10 bucks. This includes Get Out, the first three Purge movies, and Split. No way could I turn down such a deal) and I also stopped at place new to me, Andy's Frozen Custard. I had a creation named after James Brown as it seemed like a cool thing to do; while decidedly unhealthy, it was also very good. 

Wednesday night, I went to a movie theatre that recently opened in Kissimmee, right by the new Margaritaville resort. A few years ago I went to Tampa and a Studio Movie Grill to see Train to Busan, a great Korean zombie movie set on a train. Unfortunately that whole day was rotten, including that screening. That place had some rude/dumb employees, assumed too much for anyone who had never been there before and there were some awful people at the screening. I hadn't been there since but hoped for better at this new location. At least the employees were friendly and the place looked snazzy... but just getting to your auditorium was a giant hassle, as unlike everywhere else the ticket-takers don't scan tickets from your phone and you have to do it yourself, only it doesn't work properly, then no one knew if my auditorium was ready... not the best first impression. At least the food was as good as the one in Tampa.

The film I saw was Brightburn. While not fully living up to its great premise and having some rather dumb characters, at least it was entertaining and had some rather gruesome moments. I was the only person at the screening so I truly felt like a VIP.  Thursday and Friday there is nothing to report so I will mention now two new limited edition sodas that came out. The first was Dr. Pepper Dark Berry, which I heard about on YouTube and it was good. The second I stumbled upon at a store: Mountain Dew Liberty Brew. It has FIFTY different flavors! What a wacky idea... it might as well be one flavor, “bomb pop”; I heard it described as that popsicle and it is not the worst description. Again, I'll say that is good.

Saturday I went to the Florida Mall to purchase some clothing items that I needed. Also, in the early evening some people who live near me were having an outdoor soiree and the music they played was not only DISCO, but mostly deep cut tracks to where I had to use the SoundHound app to ID what they were-I was impressed. Sunday was... the airport! Again I went to the one in Sanford, but before that was me having food & a drink at an Ale House, where I saw some sports-including the big hockey game-before making it to the airport. While a rainy day, I had no issues there.

When I return a week from today... I have no plans as of yet but as always I'll stumble into something.

No comments:

Post a Comment