Monday, June 24, 2019

Great Argus Pheasants, Hopdoddy, Anna, Going Viral & Sociopaths

“Going viral” is a relative term; it happened on Twitter June 14th as I made a comment concerning the greatness of a particularly wild episode of LivePD. It got 7 retweets, 47 likes and 3 responses-that was by far the most popular thing I had ever said on that platform, and somehow I've been on Twitter for 10 years now. Anyhow, the preceding week had its ups and downs; Monday I did nothing but Tuesday was a bad one. I ate at a hipster burger bar known as Hopdoddy... no I can't explain the name either and I say “hipster” as it originated in Austin, Texas... and the food wasn't bad but the service was-this includes ordering burger & fries but the fries never came so I had to ask for them-so that was a big turn-off and I don't plan on returning there again. Even worse, on the drive there (it's located on I-Drive, at Pointe Orlando), I dealt with a sociopath behind the wheel.

I was almost there and there was a long stoplight to deal with. Soon after that, I honked at a Jeep right in front of me as he was driving real erratic-I don't know if he was high on meth, on his phone, or what... but I immediately then passed him on the right as I needed to turn right on another street in a matter of seconds. Suddenly, this guy flipped out, all over ONE horn honk. He cut me off, tailgated me, deliberately almost hit me a few times... I was in fact frightened by this psycho so when he pulled up right next to me (eyes bugged out and all) I held up my phone and repeatedly yelled, “I'm calling 911!” This guy was a total punk, as he immediately then got away as soon as he could to the point of doing a 180 and going the complete opposite direction. I never did call 911 because of that... although I wouldn't be shocked if someone else did as there were plenty of witnesses to his sociopathic behavior. So yeah, I'd rather forget about Tuesday.

Thursday, I had free time so I went to the Animal Kingdom; that day was far better than Tuesday, even if it was hot and humid out. I went on a few rides, walked around and saw various animals, some up close. The highlight was a few white rhinos up close on the safari ride and some birds that got real up close at that section of the Maharajah Jungle Trek (one of the two areas you walk through and see various animal exhibits) including a Great Argus Pheasant... a very large pheasant it is indeed.

The rest of the week was rather dull; there were more wacky episodes of LivePD and that provided entertainment. Sunday night, I went and saw the movie Anna. That was released to little fanfare as its director Luc Besson had some serious accusations leveled against him (by 9 different women... yeah, it's those kinds of accusations); perhaps I shouldn't support that movie then but unfortunately, there are many bad people in the entertainment world who do bad things so if I boycotted all of those... thing is, the movie is only fine overall (Besson is retreading old ground here) so even though it has some spy thrills and two big action setpieces, if you want to see this it is best to wait for home viewing. Also, the “Anna” might as well be “Annachronistic” as this is set in the mid 80's through 1990 yet such things as modern vehicles are seen in a few shots and there are also flash drives... honest.

When I return a week from today, I do have a few plans, including me finally seeing Toy Story 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment