Monday, May 6, 2019

ELO, Batman, Uno's, Maple Bacon Stout & Country House

This past Monday I did nothing of note but Tuesday was a different story. I had free time so I returned to Epcot at Walt Disney World. Once again I had random food & drink (including alcohol) and this time I saw one of the free concerts that they have during all their festivals. A retro act performs a half hour set three times a day; on this day was “The Orchestra Starring Former Members of ELO”... this means “no Jeff Lynne but some of the members did tours with ELO in the early 80's”. It was a great old time as Electric Light Orchestra's catalogue of songs is rather extensive; what The Orchestra performed included Hold on Tight, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Strange Magic, Turn to Stone and amazingly, one of the songs they did for the XANADU soundtrack! It was All Over the World, to be specific.

As I did nothing on Wednesday, I'll mention that Thursday I had dinner with my parents; they had to go to Best Buy to pick up an appliance as it was replacing something which finally died after 16 years of constant use. That went without issue and as an Uno's Pizzeria was right by Best Buy, that's where we ended up. At least for me the dinner went fine... I am not sure why it took so long to make our food and their “thin crust” (I wasn't the one who had that) pizza wasn't too terribly thin... at least my food tasted fine-although the serving size did used to be larger.

Friday was a day to relax but Saturday was different. Saturday had its bad moments for sure although it had some moments worth remembering. In the afternoon I saw Batman in a movie theatre; yes the 1989 movie starring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. In the summer of '89 there was an afternoon where my mom took me and my sisters to see it on the big screen, so I might as well do that again. As an anniversary celebration that and the live action films from the 90's are being shown theatrically in the upcoming week or so and I'll see all four that way... the only sequel I saw on the big screen was Forever and honestly, my best memory of that is how the end credits had the U2 song and then Seal's Kiss From a Rose. Anyway, even with the silliest moments the film was a good time, and the auditorium was pretty full.

After that I ate at Sea Dog Brewing Company, a place I've been to a few times before. The service there wasn't the greatest so who knows when I'll be there next... my food did taste fine (along with the maple bacon stout I drink) and that was where I saw the Kentucky Derby then all the hullabaloo over the end result. Whether or not the disqualification should have been called can be debated... how it was handled was pretty terrible all around. Although, not as terrible as the traffic on that day... I don't even want to get into that or all the awful behavior I witnessed.

Hopefully next Monday there won't be as many rage-inducing moments for me to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment