Monday, March 12, 2018

SheBelieves Cup, Lucky's Market & Drinking Around The World

Note that “drinking around the world” means something that has become popular in recent years, which is whenever Epcot at Walt Disney World has various festivals throughout the year, people now brag about going around the various booths at World Showcase and purchasing alcoholic beverages. That's pretty expensive so I've never done that... plus of course I wouldn't drive home drunk and plus, it is obvious when the obnoxious tools are out that have had too much and can't hold their booze. I bring that up as that's where I was on Friday for their Flower & Garden Festival. It's always nice seeing the scenic sights, along with eating some interesting foods around the World Showcase.

Back to the chronological timeline: Monday and Tuesday I did nothing of note, so I can skip ahead to Wednesday. I attended an interesting event; it was two ladies soccer games. The past few years there has been  a round robin tournament in the United States where the national teams of the U.S., England, France, and Germany play each other. The last two games of the series were in Orlando, at the stadium where the Orlando pro mens and womens teams play at. France beat Germany 3-0 and the United States beat England 1-0, on an own goal, no less. America won the cup, BTW. It was a fine experience there; seeing both games did not cost a lot of money at all and for the most part, the people around me were acceptable. I was greatly amused at how many were not prepared for the Wednesday evening weather. It ended up being jacket temperatures and people can't spend a minute to look at their phones to see what the weather would be? I even overheard someone carping about how “they should have sent out an alert” about the weather? I don't know who “they” would be but of course I was smart enough to know I should have a light jacket, which I did use once the sun went down and the wind picked up.

Thursday I did nothing and Friday was my adventure at Walt Disney World, where I saw a girl who was like 14 wear a “Proud Furry” t-shirt. That was rather unexpected. Saturday I went to the new Lucky's Market in town; that Whole Foods competitor just opened a few days prior. This past fall I went to the one they have on the east side of Orlando and it was nice but the distance meant that was my only time there. Naturally the place was quite busy. I got a few items and I'll have to return there in the upcoming week for dinner one night as they also have a deli and bakery in their stores.

As I did nothing on a rainy Sunday and I don't want to regale people tales of a negative tone or mention how one night I ate something bad and felt terrible for a few hours... I'll be back next Monday and not much is on my schedule as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment