Monday, August 21, 2017

The One Time I Had A Day I Don't Even Want To Talk About

Yeah, Saturday the 19th was not a good day for me. I don't even want to go into details. Don't worry, nothing major happened; as typical, it was several little things rolled into a giant ball of... well, feces. It did in fact involve me driving somewhere, and the resultant traffic. The only thing I'll mention about Saturday was me buying some minor items from two stores. I was happy to say at home Saturday night and watch Live PD, and I did nothing on Sunday.

Monday the 14th was the definition of "boring", but Tuesday I returned to Disney Springs. It was the same old same old there. At least I got some exercise from walking around and for only the second time ever, I got food from the poutine stand they have. As before I had the Italian version as the other versions just aren't for my tastes. Wednesday, I went with someone to the Sam's Club in the western part of Orlando. I hadn't been to a Sam's in months. Several items were purchased and that experience was the same as usual. On the way back, that was different. In the past we used to eat at a nearby Logan's Roadhouse. However, that chain isn't doing so well so that location (along with plenty of others across the country) closed down. I was looking at Google Maps to see what was now in the area. I spotted a local restaurant known as Bates New England Seafood & Steakhouse, which is right by the West Oaks Mall. I hadn't been to that mall in years as it practically became a dead mall, although I understand they are not quite on dire straights anymore so in the future I need to return there.

Bates has only been open for like 6 months and I am already not sure how much longer they'll last. For whatever reasons, plenty of businesses in the area don't do well, and usually leave. When me and the other person were there, it was not busy at all; even worse, on the front door there was a sign noting that (to paraphrase), because business was so bad during the lunch hours, they will now not be open for lunch for four days out of the week. A shame, as they have a decent variety of food, and it tasted fine. Thursday, I spent some time in Orlando then returned to the Altamonte area. I first walked around the Altamonte Mall then I got food from a Wingstop. I only go there once in a blue moon and it was time for me to return. Their food, also fine.

As I stayed in on Friday, I'll close this out by saying I hope the upcoming week is better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment