Monday, April 24, 2017

Yard House, Duffy's Sports Grill, April 20 & Live PD

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On Monday the 17th I had free time. I ended up returning to I-Drive, and I-Drive 360 in particular. I have no good reason why but I finally went to the restaurant known as Yard House. As it was a bar/restaurant where they have a large selection of beer, I have no good explanation for prolonging my first visit. I can say that I'll be back in the future as they had happy hour so I got a tasty cheese pizza and a blackberry porter for not a lot of dough. In addition, they played older music and that is my jam. After that I walked across the street to a favorite haunt of mine, Twin Peaks. I had a drink there and it was the same goodness as usual. Sure, the traffic there and back was absolutely horrendous-some drivers were acting like they possessed rather low IQ-but my time in that area went well. Tuesday and Wednesday I did nothing, but Thursday was more interesting.

Thursday, it was 4/20. I did not celebrate the day but I know people who did; I'll leave it at that. I went to Orlando and the highlight I'll mention there is that in the past I had driven by a Duffy's Sports Grill many times and this was the time I finally ate at one. They are a fine sports bar and their food was tasty. Like with Yard House, I'll be back there in the future. Friday was dull (except for what I watched on TV) but Saturday I ended up at Disney Springs-where I walked around then had gelato-and Sunday was another day of relaxing. Staying in and not dealing with poor drivers is always fine with me.

What I started watching on TV... in the past I have enjoyed such things as COPS and World's Wildest Police Videos. It wasn't until relatively recently that I discovered Live PD was even a thing. I saw only a small amount of it on A&E but it wasn't until Friday that I finally gave it a shot. Oh why didn't I find out about this sooner? Some segments are pre-taped but otherwise it's live, with a short delay to bleep out names and that sort of thing. It's quite entertaining and it's always great to laugh at dumbass criminals.

When I return a week from today, I should have more to talk about, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment