Monday, April 10, 2017

Bike Trails, Incompetent People & Even More Car Chaos

Oh, what a week this was for me. I won't go into details but I had to deal with too many stupid people. I am not talking about some people I know who I interacted with during this time span; I am cool with them. Rather, it was mainly either some atrocious people in restaurant type settings (thankfully some of them were at least fine) or traffic that was even worse than usual. Monday the 3rd, I ended up at two different spots to see the big college basketball championship game between Gonzaga and North Carolina. I was hoping Gonzaga would win and not just because I picked them beforehand. After a bowling shoe ugly (to borrow a phrase) game, North Carolina won. I was at two places because the World of Beer closed early, which I was not delighted by either. I then was at the Applebee's in town, where I had cheap food and some drink.

Tuesday, another calamity happened with my ride... a flat tire! It happened as I had to go do something in Orlando. I drove on the flat probably longer than I wanted to, but my destination was close by and otherwise I probably would have had to stop in “a bad neighborhood.” A kind soul I know helped me put a spare on and the next day a brand new tire was bought. I'd rather forget about this day in general. Wednesday was dull but Thursday I returned to Orlando. The highlight was getting a few random items from a Trader Joe's. Friday, I did do something nice. I am not just referring to the food trucks in my city of Clermont but also, before that I was able to use someone's bicycle and I biked a few miles on a rural trail out in the middle of nowhere known as the General James A. Van Fleet State Trail. I've been on it a couple of times before, way back when. In the past I have seen such critters as alligators, tortoises, various birds & butterflies, and even some snakes. On this occasion I saw tortoises, birds, and butterflies. While I felt it afterwards, it was nice to get some exercise and see nice scenery when the weather was not too warm.

Saturday and Sunday were dull for me. I do have to mention that I have seen parts of some Australian football games. The Australian Football League started up their new season a few weeks ago, which made me happy. I also saw parts of a few baseball games; that season just started. It provided for some nice entertainment while watching television. I could rant and rave about how most programming on TV these days is mindless and worthless garbage, but I'll save that for another time. Saturday, I got pizza from Pizza Hut and Sunday, I did not do anything of note. When I return a week from today, I hopefully will have a little more to talk about... being able to talk about more positive things & not having any further vehicle troubles would be nice also.

No comments:

Post a Comment