Monday, April 17, 2017

Cheddar Biscuits, Gastropubs & The Fate Of The Furious

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On Monday the 10th I did nothing of note but Tuesday, I went to the Orlando International Airport in order to pick someone up. Their flight was delayed due to bad weather in the city where they landed for their connecting flight back to Orlando, but that wasn't a big burden to me. I had a tasty dinner at a Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen near the airport. Only because it was nearby, I walked on over to the Sun Gas station to pick up a beverage. Sun Gas and Suncoast Energys are infamous for being right by the airport and because they are massive A-holes, for years now they have charged like 5 bucks or more per gallon so they can rip off tourists driving rental cars back to the airport. I do apologize for giving one of those two any sort of money, even if it was a pittance. At least they have a cell phone lot which is nice and there is a display board stating when all the flights are coming in and at what time. Of course, you still have paint-sniffers parking on the shoulder of the main drag into the airport, because it's Florida.

Oh, and that person flew United; thankfully their flights were normal and weren't the battle royale that was a certain flight last Monday... and even know it was the same airport, one of the two flights did not have the incident which just happened where a couple on the way to their wedding were booted off; who knows for certain who is telling the truth but this has been the week from hell for United.

Wednesday was boring, but Thursday was different. I once again drove to near Tampa to see a film. I went to the brand new Goodrich Quality Theaters to see The Fate of the Furious on a giant screen. They are a small chain which is making their Florida debut here. It looks nice and there's a “gastropub” which I imagine makes good food but I only had a drink on this occasion... yet the concession prices don't include tax (and extra butter does cost extra) and the bathrooms should have been larger. I am not sure how oversights/decisions were made. As for Fate, the franchise has had its ups and down but I thought that most of them were at least fine, and some were a blast, despite being really stupid. This new movie was an entirely new level of stupid. The plot had so many holes and so many moments made zero sense, it ruined the film for me. Several bits were so bad and betrayed the franchise so flagrantly, I was offended. I know most won't feel this way, but I thought Fate was pretty awful. Heck, I thought xXx: Return of Xander Cage was much better at the sort of lunacy that Fast Five or Furious Six was than The Fate of the Furious.

Friday, I went with someone to the local Red Lobster (we don't go there often; me, I usually don't eat seafood. However, I do eat shrimp once in a long while, which is what I did here; I also had some of their famous cheddar biscuits) and Saturday I went to Hardee's as I only get food from there once in a blue moon. Easter Sunday, I relaxed. At least I had a ham dinner with a parent-as is tradition-and that was nice.

When I return a week from today... I don't know how many interesting things I'll be doing but I'll stumble into something, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment