Monday, November 21, 2016

The One Time I Had A Nondescript Week

Yeah, I was rather dull this past week, which was fine by my tastes. The next time I post I'll talk about Thanksgiving and the annual day after Thanksgiving tradition for me, attending the Central Florida International Auto Show. That will be more exciting than what I write about here. Monday through Thursday, the only thing I did on those days was on Wednesday, where I went to Walmart to get a few items (and met a neighbor there), stopped at a Barnes & Noble-where I got nothing-then I ate at Twin Peaks, where I had a tasty meal. 

So I'll mention that for a few days I thought there was an issue with my credit card where it was compromised. I tried using it on Sunday at a gas station but it failed; I tried again on Wednesday at another gas station... same thing. The next day, phone calls were made... thankfully it wasn't identity theft-which has happened to me before. Rather, it was stupidity on the part of the credit card company, and I'll leave it at that. All my identity theft problems came during a bad time in my life... it was August of '09 through August of 2010. Besides that, the big thing was a grandparent dying. There were various issues that happened, including a major event I still won't reveal here (maybe one day I will), someone I know had surgery-they ended up fine-and all sorts of drama. I am glad that things have been fine since then, even with some hiccups along the way.

Friday, I went out somewhere; after I finished that task I ended up at Disney Springs. I confirmed that the credit card was working again, and I got some cheap clothing items from two stores. Part of it was... I wear boxer shorts as pajama wear until the weather is too cold, then I switch to lounge pants. I needed some new shorts for that task, as it still hasn't cooled off here yet. It was indeed busy in the area, as I suspected. On the way back someone almost switched lanes right into me but I saw it, blasted my horn, and sped away. This was at night, but it's not like I drive a small and low to the ground car like a Mazda Miata or a Porsche Boxster (although I wish I did) so I don't know how that fool didn't see me.

The weekend, I did not do much except go to for fast food on Sunday. Going out to see the Bears play, no thank you. Jay Cutler had a horrible game (even by his standards) last week and the pain of seeing that garbage live, it did not inspire me to see him play against a better team than Tampa Bay in the New York Giants. Well, like they did early this season, they led in the first half but fell apart in the second half, and of course in the end Cutler blew it. Not seeing it in full was the right decision on my part. When I return a week from today, I will have more to talk about, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment