Monday, November 10, 2014

The Blog Where I Realize I've Become Pretty Old And Lame

This past Monday the 3rd, I actually did do something with the day, and that was return to Epcot at Walt Disney World to enjoy the last days of their annual Food & Wine Festival. I walked around and I purchased some items and also had dinner there. The musical act they had there on that night was Boyz II Men, who I remember were a huge deal way back when, and on this day they had a huge crowd for when I listened to them for a few minutes. Thankfully it was a beautiful day out so I enjoyed spending that time outdoors. What wasn't so nice... late at night I had an issue with my laptop; it took some time but I was able to fix it on my own, although I was not happy about the whole ordeal.

Tuesday, what I did was go and vote, stop at a 7/11 for some Mountain Dew Solar Flare (I hadn't had it for awhile) then I went to the library for a bit. I enjoyed the relaxing day. Wednesday, I went and got a haircut as I needed one. The lady who gave it was new at the job and while overall it ended up looking fine... I also could have done without her comments about how I “should get haircuts more often” (?) but maybe that's just me. Maybe if I get her again in the future she'll be improved. Anyhow, the traffic there and back was also a headache; at least it was the only thing I had to do on this day.

Thursday, I went with someone to a restaurant, and that restaurant was one I've been to a few times before, Oakwood Smokehouse and Grill. It was a fine experience. They typically draw a “senior citizen” crowd but that's fine with me. Friday, I didn't do a thing. I was thinking about being out and about on Saturday night, but then some things happened. 

The idea popped into my head of going to a football game in the evening, only to find out it would probably be raining there. Alas... I can always see schools like Southeastern down in Lakeland play a game next year and heck, I am thinking of going to a small-time college basketball game or two in the next few months. 

Plus, something popped up and as a matter of fact, today I'll be doing something for the first time, and that is see a feature length film in 70mm, which I've always heard is much better than the 35mm I was used to seeing at theatres back before most of them converted from film to digital. Plus, it's in IMAX on a legit screen rather than the much smaller ones that now get to use the name too, so you can't beat that. It happens to be Interstellar and I am a heretic who says that Christopher Nolan is overrated, but even then from what I've heard it should be a great experience watching that film in such a spectacular way so next Monday when I return I'll talk all about that and the trip I'll be taking to Tampa to see it in the city's museum.

So it's alright that I had a dull weekend and I did nothing of note except go to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon (not as much of a headache as expected but still) so let me skip ahead to Sunday night. Oh, Sunday night. For the second and last time this season the Chicago Bears played against their hated rivals the Green Bay Packers and well, for their second game in a row they soiled the bed and were disgracefully bad. They were losing 42-0 at halftime and the final score was 55-14. “Pathetic” doesn't even begin to describe the legendarily bad way they have played the last two games. Should I even go out to some bar to see the rest of their games this season? I am seriously wondering that right now.

While this was another blog post where I come across as old and lame, the one I'll do a week from today will be notably more interesting, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment