Monday, October 28, 2013

Windows 8.1, Trollops, & Tampa Bay Road Trips

Here's what I've done in the past week. Last Monday I ended up going to Walmart for a bit and that went about as expected; nothing too crazy there. I was reminded of something else I did in the preceding week which caused some frustration. I installed Windows 8.1 on the laptop of a parent; I was hoping it'd be less aggravating for them to use than the terribleness that is regular Windows 8. It was a major hassle and took way too long but it finally downloaded and installed... and it's hardly different from Windows 8. That did not make me happy. On this day, I had to install Toshiba updates (yeah, that's the brand of laptop they had) and that provided more frustrations.

Tuesday was dull so let me skip ahead to Wednesday. In the evening, I went and finally saw Machete Kills. I enjoy the original Machete; I think it's a lot of fun. The sequel, though... a real mixed bag. There are good moments, but also bad ones. Overall I would rate it as average which makes it disappointing as it definitely was less than the first one. Alexa Vega and how she looked in the movie, though... that was a good moment! I've never seen any of the Spy Kids movies but she definitely has grown up from her child days.

Thursday, I had dinner with someone at a restaurant. It was Red Robin, a place I've been to once in Illinois and once in Kansas. One opened nearby last December but when I tried to go to it before it was always busy as hell. Thankfully, on this early evening the place wasn't crowded at all so that was a relief. I had my almost always of a burger and fries and also a spice pumpkin pie milkshake; all were at least good and at least I can say I finally ate at one of those places in Florida.

Friday, that was an interesting day... or at least night. In the evening I returned to the lovely place known as Ghost Bar & Lounge. It had been too long since I was there. It wasn't the busiest there but it still was a fine time there. I did see my favorite, which was Drunk White People Attempting To Dance, and as always it was fine entertainment. What was interesting was seeing a lady with fake boobs who had on a skimpy tank top and no bra, so she had total sideboob action going on. Not to be judgmental, but when I see such a thing, I have to think that the lady is a trollop! Anyhow, a random lady decided to give me a free shot, as there was one extra. I did not get to talk to her; this is because her guy friends did not look happy about her giving me a shot and gave me a less than friendly stare. They're probably tools... after I downed it, I thanked her and got the heck out of there.

What made the night noteworthy besides laughing at some dumb drunk people in general was that some people decided to dress up in Halloween costumes. I saw several people wearing sugar skull makeup, a young lady as an old lady, a shuffling zombie, Miley Cyrus' foam finger (speaking of trollops), and a guy who looked a lot like Chris Hemsworth with a full beard, so his Chris Hemsworth Thor outfit was perfect. Who knows when I'll return there (I may not go there in November) but at least I had a fun time there this time even if it wasn't one of my wackiest time at that establishment.

Saturday I stayed at home and relaxed, which was fine with me as Sunday I once again had to pick up a parent from the airport in St. Petersburg. As the Bears don't play this week the day was up in the air as to what I could do. I was lazy and I left in the late afternoon. I was going to eat at a restaurant on the west side of Tampa before making the pickup. The first place I was going to go to ended up being closed for good, so I had to go to a nearby spot. It happened to be a place I was at once before a few years ago. In Canada the place is known as Boston's Pizza, and in the U.S it's known as Boston's The Gourmet Pizza. While I was there I did have water (and some alcohol...) and the pizza I had was pretty darn good. I got a call while I was there that the plane flight would be delayed for 2 hours so I ended up spending a few hours there, and oh what an interesting few hours.

The male bartender was kind of a tool. The way that he acted was unfortunate. His behavior towards a lovely young waitress... he loudly noted how her boyfriend had given her a hickey, and he spoke in Spanish to her and what I could make out, he called her a cheap whore! I know he used the word “puta”. Even as a joke, not very funny or nice. One guy there looked like Dante from Clerks. Appropriately, a pair of Boston Red Sox fans came in. They are playing in the World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals. That game and an NFL game were taking place at the same time, so I watched that to kill time. Those fans ended up living to the worst stereotypes of Boston fans... Massholes, that's what the stereotype is. Oh, and I saw some douche walking around and he looked like someone you'd see star on a (hopefully never going to happen) Jersey Shore 2 show on MTV. He had on a black shirt... and fuchsia pants! I kid you not. It was a rather interesting time there, as you can see. It sometimes provided more entertainment than the sports games did.

Thankfully the pickup and then the drive home was spectacularly uneventful. That may also describe the upcoming week for me. Nothing at all is planned yet. Hopefully some wackiness happens to me, even if only to give me something to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment