Monday, October 14, 2013

Dryck Julmust, The New Corvette, & Columbus Day

Yep, not too interesting of a week this past week. That is alright with me, though. This past Monday I did not do much, except drink something that I had purchased from IKEA the previous week. It was a drink I had never heard of before; of course it's a Scandanavian beverage; it's known as Dryck Julmust. I had some and well, to me it was really blah and flavorless. I'll stick with their apple and pear drinks they sell in cans and the lingonberry they have on draft.

Tuesday, I volunteered to take someone's vehicle to the car wash as they were in a rural area and they ended up driving through a swarm of bugs. That's happened to me before. I went to a 7-11 station, got gas for them then went through the car wash, which did the job pretty well. While on the way there I saw quite the sight... the new Corvette! It's brand new and I noticed it had Michigan plates, so I believe it's either a test car or it's a car for the press for them to review for websites or newspapers. I was driving behind it but not close enough for my tastes. It got on the Turnpike as I pulled into the 7-11. That is a great-looking car, BTW.

Wednesday was pretty dull so let me skip ahead to Thursday, which was the one real interesting day of the week. I ended up going to a few different places. I first went to a MovieStop, a place I've been to a few times before; it's a new and used DVD/Blu-Ray store that has a wide selection and it's mainly used discs. I did pick up some discs. After that I returned to Rocket Fizz for some more gourmet soda. I picked up some random bottles, including one known as Margo's Bark; it has a dog on the label and all the profits are said to go to such places as animal shelters, so of course I had to get it. I had it last night and it was a root beer, and it was good. While I was there, I actually ran into someone I know from the days way back when I attended local independent wrestling shows. Yeah, he's a wrestler. I briefly chatted with him and that was a nice surprise.

After that I drove on over to the Friendly Confines sports bar, as I hadn't been there in over a month. It was the same old same old there. There thankfully was less in the way of loudmouth meathead sports fans there. I appreciated that. There actually were several boisterous hockey fans in attendance. Yes, there's more than a few hockey fans in Florida. I had some food and drink there (yes, alcoholic in nature) and I had a good time. I could have watched it at home but I decided to go there to see Thursday night's NFL game between the Chicago Bears and the pretty lousy New York Giants. Well, it wasn't the prettiest game but thanks in part due to Giants miscue, Chicago was able to win.

Friday, I went to the local Blockbuster. Yes, they are still around. I got a Blu-Ray disc amongst the rental haul. The lady who checked me out (no, not in a romantic way! I mean the lady who rang me up) asked if I had a Blu-Ray player. She then mentioned that there are plenty of people who try to play Blu-Ray discs on their DVD player... this is NO surprise to me! Saturday and Sunday I did absolutely nothing of note... at least not worth mentioning. I did see in the neighborhood a Porsche 911, and not an old one from previous decades but one from the past few years. If I ever win the lottery (or find a rich girlfriend) I just might get that car... although I wouldn't mind driving that new Corvette either.

I know, not the most exciting of weeks for me. However, I am expecting the upcoming week to be more interesting and more filled with events, so that will make for a more entertaining blog next Wednesday. I mean, I'll be doing something later today, which happens to be Columbus Day. I won't get into the whole controversy over whether Christopher Columbus should even be celebrated. I'll just plan on having a good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment