Monday, October 21, 2013

Gravity, Disney Drunks, & Neanderthal Sports Fans

Here's what I've done in the past week, which for as of late has been pretty eventful. Monday the 14th, I went to Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. I was at Ecot as right now they have their annual food & wine festival. I walked around, saw the sites, had some treats rather than any non-dessert food (those are my tastes; I call it being a “selective eater”)-I had dinner at home-and oh yeah, I had a bourbon & honey shot and a frozen dragon berry rum drink. Both were good! I also enjoyed the desserts I consumed. The Dole whips are like nectar from the gods, and whether it be pineapple or orange, it's a must-eat.

I did not stick around to see the act that performed in the park for a half hour a few times a day... Wilson Phillips! I remember when they were a hit act in 1990, and that makes me feel ancient. I would have watched it if it was a more hard-rockin' act, like Survivor or Night Ranger, which are actual acts playing there later in the festival. Of course, there being plenty of alcohol around, that brought out the tools and drunken idiots; I always see them there during that festival and the flower and garden festival. I try my best to ignore them.

Tuesday, I went out to eat with someone. We could have gone to a frou-frou type of restaurant which opened right in town last month but looking at their menu, there isn't that much of a selection, and besides its pricy nature, there's what I've heard online about bad service and too small portions. I may go there on my own one night but with those complaints and the town I live in, there's a pretty decent chance it won't last for too long. Instead, we went to an old favorite, Steak & Shake. They somehow ran out of chicken fingers (this was during the 5 PM hour, too; how does that happen? I guess I'll blame the federal government being shut down!) so I had my almost always of a buger and fries, and I also had their limited edition caramel apple shake; now this was a fantastic idea, as it was great.

Wednesday, I returned to the Walt Disney World area. This time it was to watch a movie at the AMC Theatres at Downtown Disney; it was a film on their giant ETX screen. It was the film Gravity, and I heard from various people that it was best to see it in 3D and on a giant screen. Turns out, they were right. The movie actually was as great as I've heard from just about everyone. It is the type of movie that I'd enjoy and it was awesomely done. Hopefully you saw it already and were able to watch it on a giant screen, such as ETX, IMAX, or anything similar. Thursday was dull and Friday I only went to the familiar haunt of Winter Garden Village for a bit (I got a pair of magazines, among other things) so onto Saturday... I was speculating if I should go on a small road trip or not; I didn't, for a variety of reasons. In hindsight, after what happened the last two days, that may have been for the best.

Saturday I did not do anything until the evening; I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the latest UFC pay per view. I figured it would be a busy day as there was a huge football game going on between the Florida State Seminoles and the Clemson Tigers, and there was a big baseball game too. Yep, it was packed there and of course the people running the joint were dumb in trying to figure out which events to put on which TV's, something that has always aggravated me. It's a shame that this happens and there are usually dumb customers there as the regular employees there are almost always pretty cool and I enjoy the food. And boy were there many stupid Neanderthals there; they were happy to yell and scream as their FSU team surprisingly destroyed Clemson. I wonder how many of them actually went to Florida State... or even went to college at all. And the thing is, the UFC pay per view was pretty good overall as there were many nice matches and one was great. I am happy that I likely won't have to be back there until late December; the next pay per view next month is also being shown at various movie theatres and barring anything unexpected that's how I'll be watching it.

Sunday, things actually got worse. Traffic was pretty bad when I returned to the Friendly Confines sports bar to check out all the NFL games going on, but focusing on the Bears playing against the Washington Redskins. The traffic was pretty crap going there and back. Sometimes I thought I was on the Autobahn people were driving so recklessly fast. Chicago lost in a shootout, but considering that several key players got hurt during the game (I now know the quarterback tore his groin; ouch!) I am surprised that Chicago still almost could have won it under those circumstances. There were SO many stupid people there... I won't talk about all of them and why they were cretins, except for one. He was a fan of Chicago's rival the Green Bay Packers, which was fine at all. Unfortunately, to put it bluntly he decided to be a drunken PRICK and ASSHOLE and loudly cheer for the Redskins to win, and in the most repugnant way too, and of course he cursed too. I did in fact give him an evil stare a few times; that's not something I do in general but this ogre really deserved it. In fact, I almost gave him the finger as I left! Flipping someone off on the highway is one thing (and yes I've done that before...) but doing it in person is completely different. It's good that I didn't as I (unfortunately) may see him there in the future. But he deserved a middle finger! With the Bears schedule, I don't have to go back there for a few weeks and after yesterday, thank goodness.

For the upcoming week, I really hope I don't have to deal with more Neanderthals, that's the most important thing. I have some ideas what to do for the weekend; besides that, I hope to have a cheerier blog and I don't have to rant and rave next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment