Monday, December 24, 2012

A Special Christmas Eve “Blair's An Uncle” Blog

I am going to start off not in chronological order, but that's because something major happened this past Thursday... I became an uncle, to twins! It's the sister I have that lives in Kansas and everyone visited back in the Christmas season of '09, if you remember that far back reading of my time in the cold, cold Midwest. I am real happy it happened as there's been ups and downs in her and my brother in law having a kid, but things went right and now they have twin boys, Connor and Blake. They were scheduled to be born next month but early on Thursday, they decided to come out early. It wasn't the best timing; the plan for a few weeks was that my mom would fly out on that day, in order to help her out. Obviously, the plans are changed now. I know she wished she could have been there when they were born, but that was just bad timing.

Important thing is, the two tykes are doing fine now, they were given some “awww” little Christmas hats and some cute pictures of them have been taken. As I don't plan on becoming a parent myself, my two sisters having kids is the next best thing. As you might expect, my parents are quite happy to be grandparents; it hasn't fully sunk in yet that I am Uncle Blair. That is the highlight of Christmas season, for sure; it otherwise doesn't feel like the season at all due to how different things have been this year with the birth and all that. Me and my dad are still here in Florida and we do have a spot to have a Christmas meal at; it's not like I or him have to try and make an elaborate meal!

Now, onto the rest of the week. This past Tuesday night I went to Winter Garden Village where I spent some time in Best Buy (I did not buy anything) then I went to Planet Smoothie to get a drink. Man, the lady that was working there... I am pretty sure she was under 18 but she had on a shirt that showed off cleavage AND had on a pair of shorts that were microscopic. They barely covered her... but anyway, that was awkward and made me feel like a dirty old man; I imagine I wasn't the only person who felt that way when they looked at her and her rather inappropriate for her age outfit. Then again, Lord knows that isn't the first time I've seen in person a girl under 18 who really should have worn more clothing than she had on. But anyhow, at least the drink I had was good.

Wednesday was dull so let me talk about Thursday besides the whole becoming an uncle thing. I was going to eat at the Red Robin which just opened in Winter Garden Village. I got there and the spot they have it at isn't that large to begin with, so there was a line waiting outside just to get in, and no thanx to that. I decided to go to Uno's Pizzeria, as I hadn't been to one in a long while. The last time, me and someone I know was there and the experience was less than ideal so that's why I hadn't been there in ages. The experience there was fine but it gave me the worst-ever dosage of food poisoning. Trust me, you don't want to hear the details of why this was cleary the worst but it wasn't pretty. That sort of sours me on the place, you know. That's why I did not do much on Friday; the whole end of the world stuff was pretty stupid and even people making fun of it got tired at times. Thursday night was when the apocalypse happened... in my stomach!

Saturday, the only thing I did was briefly visit a Gamestop then I went to a nearby Target where I walked around for a bit and I ate at the Pizza Hut Express they have. That pizza experience was at least better and I had zero stomach issues this time around.

Sunday, I went on over to Friendly Confines to watch the Chicago Bears play against the crappy Arizona Cardinals. They surprisingly started off 4-0 then even more surprisingly lost 9 in a row before winning last week. All of that is unexpected. Chicago won 28-13 and while it was one of the last exciting 28-13 games you could ever watch, at least Arizona's crappiness really helped out and ensured that they would lose. And there were less annoying people around, thankfully. An individual I discussed before-Tugboat-was there, and the last time I mentioned how I was disappointed in him acting like the worst kind of sports fan concerning his team (the Colts); this time it was much better. No whining about stupid things or ripping on his team (which is now going to go into playoffs; the Bears have a chance to make the playoffs but they have to win their final regular season game next week plus need some help). Plus, he gave me a hilarious moment when he left a voicemail on someone's phone and included the phrase, “Yo yo yo, play with my yo-yo!” No kidding. I literally laughed out loud.

My next blog will be next Tuesday, the first day of 2013. Seemed appropriate. I'll talk about what I did the last days of 2012, including what I did for Christmas and what I got myself and what people got me for the big day. I hope everyone has a nice holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment