Monday, May 21, 2012

Drinking Tropical Fruity Drinks, & God Bless America For That

Here's the recap of what I've done since last Monday in this special primetime blog.

That Monday night I actually did do something: for the first time in Lord knows how long I went to Universal Citywalk, and for the first time in many months I went to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant, as they offer up some great burgers, and that is still the case. I had a tropical fruity drink there, and it happened to be a Rum Runner... I enjoyed it! I know, what a shock to hear that from me. I walked around Citywalk and it was largely the same as it's always been.

Tuesday was dull so I'll skip ahead to Wednesday. I went in the evening to Maitland to the Enzian Theater to watch a special film. It's by Bobcat Goldthwait (yes, the comic who was Zed in the Police Academy movies; he's now a serious director and he has become well-known in the indy circuit for directing and writing good films) and it's called God Bless America. I swear that the script was NOT written by me; it's about a middle-aged guy who hates a lot of things and thfien he gets fired from his job and finds out he has a brain tumor. He's about to kill himself but then he notices all the hateful useless garbage on TV and he snaps and he goes on a killing spree of all the mean and rude people out there, like people who talk during a movie at a theatre or those that park poorly. He meets up with a 16 year old girl who is even crazier than he is; if the movie would have ranted and raved about how people drive on the road, it WOULD be a script that was taken right from my mind.

The movie is a real dark comedy/revenge fantasy/satire and it's not for everyone but I thought it was pretty awesome. I got a great thrill out of those targets getting ripped on.

Thursday and Friday was pretty dull so let me skip ahead to Saturday and oh boy, what a day. In the late afternoon I left and I went to a few places before I went to a place I was planning on going to, but things went awry and I got mad. I went to Pinkberry and I had some Peaches & Cream and it was quite tasty. I then did a short drive over to the restaurant/bar known as O'Charley's. I was able to watch the big horse race while I had dinner, which was their chicken fingers. When I had them there in the past they were real good but this time that wasn't the case. I was disappointed but the horse race was fun to watch and plus I had a mango mai tai, and that was pretty damn great.

After that I went to the Orlando Sports Complex to watch a big local wrestling show. It was actually a pretty nice place to hold an event. There's plenty of parking and there are several different auditoriums. Unfortunately... I ended up not attending the event. Look, when the show is scheduled to start at 7:30 and I get there about 40 minutes beforehand and not only are you not able to enter the auditorium the show is being held in... but it reaches 7:30 and they STILL aren't letting anyone in. That made me pretty ticked. I had enough of that and I took off and went back home. I was there alone (which is not usually the case) so I had no real reason to be there if they were being incompetent and starting the show at Lord knows when after it was supposed to start. I dont care what the explanation was, there's no excuse for that sort of crap. I wasn't going to put up with it so I left and I went home.

I thought about sometime later going out and about but when I got back home I saw someone called the home phone and that person likely does not know what my cell is (they aren't a phone expert, which is fine) so I tried calling them twice but I believe they have had problems with their phone... point is, with all the negativity on my mind and also the entire time thinking about if I miss another call and that person tried calling home again when I wasn't around... I either would have had a disappointing/not so fun time while out and about or something bad would have happened and it would have been a cherry on top of a feces sundae! Thus, to be on the safe side I just stayed at home, half watched the Dodgers vs. Cardinals baseball game and half did stuff online... oh, and I consumed some alcohol too; I mean, hard liquor that I mixed with some fruit juice. It was citrus rum, to be exact, and there was a little left so I decided to polish it off, and that was good too. At least there was some good food/drink to salvage what was ultimately a disappointing day.

It turns out, that person called me late on Saturday night so I ended up doing the right thing. Yep, phone problems. I had to discuss some things with that person so I am glad I did not have to play phone tag with him as yeah, that is another thing I don't like, which is playing phone tag with people and I have trouble with them calling me back. I know, I'm starting to sound like the lead from God Bless America, but it's true.

Two more things... I had to use someone else's vehicle to go to that show as late in the week I discovered one night... one of my headlights was burned out. I wasn't too happy about that. Then, at the building itself I see a sign in the parking lot informing you that the joint has cameras filming you. The sign said... “Smile, your on camera.” Yes, I'm quoting verbatim. I was REAL unhappy to see such piss-poor grammar in a public place like that.

Anyhow, Sunday I decided to do something in the evening I hadn't done in what has to be a few years: go to the House of Blues they have at Downtown Disney and their Service Industry Night, where electro music is blasting and you see a bunch of people either milling about, macking on the opposite sex, or dancing on the dance floor. And I've seen breakdancing there more often than you'd expect; yes, breakdancing in the 21st century, and it's awesome. My times there certainly haven't been as wild as my downtown Orlando adventures, but I've still seen some interesting things there, and I don't mean all the attractive women.

I mean things such as... one night on some small TV's they were showing only the visuals of the movie bomb known as Ultraviolet (I understand the visuals are by far the best part of that motion picture), guys vomiting in the men's room and stinking that up, and my favorite, which was seeing a girl right in front of a guy and they were hunched over a bit and well, the guy had his hand under the girl's skirt and she was guiding his hand on where to go. Yes, a sexual act was taken place out in the open! Me and a few random guys watched that for a bit and we were all shocked.

I decided to go back as it's been a few years and I wanted to see how much has changed, if anything is different with that weekly deal. It turns out, it's largely the same as it's always been. You hear loud electro music and some people gather in a circle and watch people BREAKDANCE, which will always make me chuckle. No, I've never tried to pop and lock or did any of the stuff that those guys did, like bouncing around on the dance floor just on my right hand for 15 seconds straight, or spin around upside down on the top of my head, both things I witnessed last night. About the only new thing music-wise is that of course some dubstep was played; that was fine by me but I know that various people hate the genre.

One new interesting thing there was that at two spots they had an oxygen bar setup. I've never done one of those deals where you inhale pure oxygen that is scented for any period of time. I picked the one that had the female working it; but of course... when I was there no oen else was there, so I presume that was why I paid for 5 minutes but ended up being there for at least 15. Maybe she was lonely; it was pretty loud in there so I couldn't really have any sort of conversation with her. Otherwise I would have. Later in the night I saw that she was busier so that was good.

Besides that, not too much else to say about my time there, except that it got real busy. I mean, I never remember it being that crowded before. It was a lot of fun, and not just because there were many good or better examples of the opposite sex around. It was far too long since I had been there and I'll make sure it won't be a few more years before I make my return.

As for today, I picked up that person from the airport and made the trip back home. It was uneventful, except that there were the usual nincompoops on the highway and as usual that raised my ire. Anyhow, I'll be back on the afternoon of Memorial Day. I know that I'll have a few things to talk about, such as the latest UFC pay per view extravaganza, so it shouldn't be a dull blog. I just hope to see better grammar in places like sports auditorium parking lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment