Monday, May 14, 2012

Afternoon Delight, Cherry Berry Chiller, & One Eyed Willie

My Monday ended up being more tiring than expected, as for various reasons I did not get the best night's sleep. But, I paid no heed to that and in the afternoon I still made my way to the outlet malls of Orlando to look for a pair of shoes. Turns out, I got two pairs; they weren't the only place doing it but Skechers had a deal where if you purchased a pair you could get a second one for half price. I figured I would try to alternate as much as I could which pair I wear and that way they both would last longer than the Vans I had, which admittedly I had for at least 5 years before they started to literally fall apart.

After I visited various stores and then decided to purchase the two pair (one was black with a little bit of white, and the other was mainly blue), I visited some other stores and then noticed that dark clouds rolled in and it got windy. I took this as a sign to leave, which I did. I ate at Five Guys as it was too long since I had food from there. I then went to another place I hadn't been to in too long, which was Pinkberry. They have a new peach flavor for the time being so I had some of that. They even recommend some toppings to go with it; I went with the tropical motif, which incuded coconut shavings and I usually am not a big coconut fan. However, it works here.

I do have to mention that I saw some wretched driving on this day, whether it be in the parking lot and people going either way too fast or way too slow, or just doing some real idiotic and clueless things on the road. I mean, even worse than usual. And as the drive home included rain, the theory of driver IQ's dropping even lower than usual was proven right, as it always is.

Tuesday I went out to Winter Garden Village and their Best Buy to look for an item that I wasn't sure would be around for much longer. I did manage to find it so I made the purchase. It was even worth driving through more rainy weather. It wasn't too badd where I was but in the WGV area, it was bad to the point that the streets were flooded. Twice I had to drive through standing water that wasn't too bad, but the third time... I basically forded a river, and it wasn't in a Ford SUV or any sort of vehicle high up off the ground; instead it was in a Mazda sedan and I was glad I made it with no troubles. While the underside of the car got a cleaning, I hope I didn't do anything bad to the engine by having to go through all that water.

Wednesday, the afternoon was spent at the dentist. Don't worry, I only got my teeth cleaned. I was amused that they didn't have their usual easy-listening muzak playing and instead it was easy listening music with vocals, including the infamous song Afternoon Delight. I understand it was made fun of in some Will Ferrell movie, but I've laughed at that tune long before that; in the evening, me and someone I know went to Denny's; hey it is close by and cheap. As usual, the Super Bird meal is pretty good. I also recommend their Pacific Chiller drink which is Sprite and a few added flavors.

Speaking of drinks, one afternoon I went to McDonalds for lunch and I had their Cherry Berry Chiller drink; now that is some good stuff.

My Thursday was dull so let me skip ahead to Friday... where the only thing I did was go to Wal-Mart to look for and then purchase a few random items. Saturday was the day where the action was. In the evening I went to Downtown Disney to their cinema to see a film. I ended up watching Safe. It was largely what I expected but for the most part it was highly entertaining. The crowd there was larger than what I expected but for the most part they were fine so it was nice to hear laughter at the funny lines and all the memorable action getting the expected reaction. After that I went to... Mako's!

I got there and I parked, when the most noteworthy thing of my time in downtown Orlando happened. A guy who I'll call One Eyed Willie appeared out of nowhere. I say that as he was obviously blind in his right eye. That sucks for him, but I swear he was off his rocker. He wanted to give me 5 bucks (!) but when I pressed on, I was supposed to give him more than 5 bucks later on when I left... he babbled on some more and I didn't want to yell at him to go to hell (or say something more vulgar) as he was carrying a backpack and I had no idea what he had in there. Finally, when he asked for my name and I refused, that creep finally left. Maybe I should buy some mace and carry it around!

As for what went on in Mako's itself, it wasn't the most memorable night there but it was still a good time. Here are the highlights:

* They were showing the big NBA playoffs game involving the Lakers. Unfortunately, the Lakers won. Yeah, it's mainly the fans of the team and the players on the team (especially Kobe Bryant) which is why I detest that team.

* It wasn't the busiest there, unfortunately. Still, it ended up being the usual fun with hijinks taking place with various bachelorettes, crazy games happening (such as beer bong races), and that sort of thing.

* I did something stupid which I won't elaborate on but it resulted in me not feeling so well. My stomach felt like Jason Statham did a number on it. In fact I had to go outside for a few minutes and I found a spot to sit down and enjoy the fresh air. This sort of thing has happened to me in the past and after a few minutes I end up feeling fine; that was the case on this night. After that I felt normal again.

* Yep, a random girl did briefly do some bumpin' and grindin' against me. Sure, it was done as a joke to make her friends laugh... but I still enjoyed it!

* That was about it for highlights; still, I had a fun time there. I did not bring as much money as usual and I still left there with a decent amount of cash. The moolah thing only affected one thing... a lady there wanted me to do a bodyshot with her and another dame, but I didn't have enough money to. Next time I will, that is for certain.

Sunday was boring, but it was still fine as a Mother's Day. I actually didn't fall asleep this morning until the morning; this was because at 4 AM I had to leave to take someone to the airport in Sanford. That drive was nondescript... except that there was a reckless driver and he almost side-swiped me! This happened at about 4:30 in the morning and there wasn't too much traffic on the road so of course that would happen to me. On the way back I stopped at Denny's for a bite to eat. There was barely a crowd there and I'll skip talking about the senile old guy who was also there as a customer as I don't want to rant and rave. Despite that and the place being ice cold, it was still a good idea to stop there. I ordered up some pancakes and you can have them made in a variety of ways. I had mine with white chocolate chips and peanut butter sauce and needless to say, that is quite the great combination. However, they were made ginormous and apparently they were bigger than usual; I guess this was done just for me as I am that damn awesome...

My next blog will be up next Monday evening instead of the afternoon. That's because next Monday will also require a trip to Sanford to transport people around. But the next blog should be quite eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment