Sunday, March 3, 2024

Salt Shack, Alien Swirling Saucers, Madame Web, Citrus Tower & My Birthday

I'll post a continuation of this the next day. Yes, plenty will have to be mentioned, mostly due to having both family and a family friend down here the latter half of February, the friend longer than the family. Fun was had, although it was for certain exhausting. One detail that was reinforced: too many restaurants have fallen off due to the pandemic. I'm referring to both the food and the service. Those places won't be mentioned by me out of the kindness of my heart.

Another detail that isn't a deal-breaker but is still unfortunate: the decision to have your restaurant play LOUD music for no good reason. This includes places like Raising Cane's (they opened a new location in the western half of Kissimmee) and Salt Shack, a new joint in Clermont which I knew nothing about as I'd never been to their original location in Tampa before. That is a shame as Cane's always has tasty chicken and Salt Shack had seafood that everyone enjoyed... that's where I chose to eat for my birthday. I'm now... well, let's just say “old!” Tomorrow, I'll mention several other restaurants which are worthy of compliments—or to use a phrase I understand is “popular” among “the youth”, deserve their flowers.

It was nice having that sister (the one who still lives in Illinois) down here with her beau and two young children. My niece is two so all she can call me is “Baa!” but it is adorable. With them, one morning in Clermont was visiting the Citrus Tower (my first time there since shortly after I moved down here) which offers nice views but little else, especially for the price it is at now and a breakfast restaurant known as Cheeser's Palace, which wasn't as good as most people proclaim it to be. An even more fun day was at Hollywood Studios; of course the kids loved such rides as the Alien Swirling Saucers and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway. No one loved the now too-common issue of various attractions breaking down at Walt Disney World—alas. The Genie+ app and the general cost of Disney has rankled everyone, including at least one popular video on YouTube I saw several weeks ago.

Yes, last weekend I used my AMC A-List app to see the “masterpiece” that was Madame Web. It wasn't because I care about comic book movies-I don't-but rather plenty was already consumed by me concerning how bad the movie was. Turns out, it WAS quite bad, although amusingly so. What I plan on seeing soon should be MUCH better than that, although it is likely that will be discussed late March.

No comments:

Post a Comment