Monday, March 4, 2024

Dune: Part Two, Summer House on the Lake, Fatburger, Coca Cola Spiced & Daddy's Chicken Shack

My March may be relatively dull; at least February was quite eventful. First off, I was able to see Dune: Part Two last night. I've never read the novels but the David Lynch version from the 80's is fine and Part One from 2021 I really enjoyed. Well, Part Two is even better, a misgiving or two about the plot aside. Viewing it on a giant screen is preferable, if possible. The spectacle, the acting, the mature plot, the characters, the action, the destruction, the score... it's all great.

Several restaurants new to me were visited. Via reading an article concerning Jack in the Box coming to the area (one day), the people who will manage that also brought in a chain new to me: the memorably-named Daddy's Chicken Shack. It was a quick service place in Lake Mary which makes fine food. I won't be able to visit often but at least it was not a letdown. Way down on the southern tip of Celebration (visited on a night where I went to Old Town for a bit) was Fatburger; long ago they had one in Clearwater for a short amount of time before going away. Not my favorite burger yet overall the food was still fine & in the future I'll try one of their shakes. Speaking of beverages, the new limited edition Coca Cola Spiced is out; “spiced raspberry” is at least traditional compared to their outside the box flavors they've had in recent years, and is pretty decent.

Before I go-likely only to return late in the month-I'll mention the new restaurant at Disney Springs: Summer House on the Lake, right by the AMC. It has “California” food, meaning “pasta and a few other items.” It looked nice, has decent service, the price isn't too bad by Disney standards and I actually went there twice: once on my own and the other w/ some other people. Both times I liked the food; the portions are a tad small but otherwise I can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment