Sunday, February 20, 2022

Ramshackle Cafe, Mount Dora, Winter Olympics & Clermont Brewing Company

To catch up on the other things I've done this year so far:

I've been doing fine overall even though at the moment I still feel a little melancholy. Earlier in the month there were two different people connected to people I know (only one of which I had chatted with personally before) who unexpectedly passed away. Both were a few years younger than me so there are quite a few people I feel badly for. Meanwhile, last week I saw someone driving an Audi R8 Spyder and besides admiring that supercar because it's stunning to look at, it was a vehicle that Mom loved so I wish I could tell her I saw one... also, what would she have thought of the Winter Olympics, and specifically the fiasco that was the women's figure skating competition-what happened there was just deplorable. Other than that they were enjoyable to watch, especially events like luge and bobsled.

On a happier note, I did support a local business and early in January went to Clermont Brewing Company for dinner for the first time. They have fine pizza in a nice rustic building. There have been some eateries I've returned to for the first time in awhile (like a Hooters on I-Drive, Everglazed Donuts at Disney Springs or Shake Shack) but the only other new one was just a few days ago, when in Leesburg I finally ate at Ramshackle Cafe. Someone I know loves eating there and I've driven past the place literally a few dozen times on Highway 27 yet I never stopped to try their food. It was good so one day I'll return there on my own. I ate there with two people I know and before that went to Mount Dora, a town I've never actually spent any time in before. That's something I regret so later in the year I need to wander around on my own. While in Mount Dora we walked around Palm Island Park, a lovely nature preserve where many critters can be seen w/ various species of birds & alligators being the highlight.

Other than that, not too many other highlights. Sure, an annual pass was renewed at Walt Disney World but nothing new was at the Magic Kingdom, although it WAS nice to experience some attractions for the first time in years, like the Hall of Presidents or Mickey's Philharmagic. Early in January was the Mecum Auto Auction in Kissimmee but again nothing new was there that was worth discussing. Thus, as I am posting this later than I wanted to (because reasons) I'll instead note that I'll return a week from today and note that besides talking about my 41st birthday-which I can't believe is only two days away-I'll mention some things from December of last year that I neglected to mention beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment