Wednesday, December 15, 2021

USF Football, Reese's Pieces Pancakes, Sickies Garage, King of the Coup & CHEETOS Mac & Cheese

As promised yesterday, here is me catching up on the highlights of what I've done the past three months. Honestly, there isn't too much to write about: sure I went to Walt Disney World twice-where my plan to FINALLY go on the Star Wars ride Ride of the Resistance went awry as it broke down-as it typically does-and Universal Studios CityWalk once but otherwise I haven't been on too many adventures. The most interesting journey was on November 6, where I went to Tampa to see the USF Bulls against the Houston Cougars. It was only the second time I was ever in Raymond James Stadium, which is primarily the home of the Tampa Bay Bucs. It was a fun time; while Houston was much better than USF, it was a shootout so the final score was the Cougars 54, Bulls 42. The seat was in the corner of the end zone only a few rows up, for a nice price. On the drive to Tampa, I stopped in Wesley Chapel at a restaurant I had just heard of hours beforehand: King of the Coup. They do serve some tasty chicken.

Besides mentioning a few restaurants I've gone to, here is one surprising food admission when it comes to what I make at home: the one macaroni & cheese meal that always turns out right each time and is tasty: CHEETOS Mac & Cheese; I am as surprised as you are. BTW, the Applebees Cheetos boneless wings were not as tasty, although I was more impressed with their exclusive Mountain Dew flavor Dark Berry Bash. In September at IHOP I had their limited edition Reese's Pieces Pancakes and those were pretty good. Now, onto the restaurants I've gone to which are worth mentioning:

In Davenport one night I and some other people went to the Hungry Crab; it was a standard seafood place and while the service wasn't great, at least the food was decent... although it wasn't the best shrimp I've ever had. Then again, I did not love the shrimp either at a much fancier restaurant: the Columbia Harbor House in Celebration. At least I enjoyed the vibe in that place so one day I'll have to return there. One place I dug that just opened in Kissimmee: Sickies Garage. Wacky name, but that car-themed place is a small chain that started in the Dakotas, of all places. Both the food and atmosphere were pretty good so I'll definitely return in the future. I just wish it was closer to me and it was not a hassle to get there as it requires to be the perpetually busy Highway 192.

If there's anything important I forgot to mention, I'll bring it up next time, which for certain will be on December 31 where primarily I'll talk about the different experiences I will have the latter half of December. I should have a Happy Holidays, in other words.

No comments:

Post a Comment