Monday, March 9, 2020

The One Time I Got Sick & Tired of Everyone Being Sick & Tired

This will be different from usual. The first week of March was pretty sour overall and I only did a few things of note. Monday the 2nd was spent recovering from the rancid case of food poisoning I suffered from late on the 1st due to pizza I got at a cineplex. Wednesday, there was an upset stomach due to what I realized later was food at home I immediately then tossed out. I otherwise haven't done much aside from such mundane activities as going to stores in town as being low-key felt like the thing to do. Now, one day I did go get pizza in town and another was me and some people at the local Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill... mainly because right by it was a Publix grocery store which they needed to visit. Saturday I was in Orlando and the one thing I'll mention on that day was my return to Smashburger as I hadn't been there in awhile. When I was there it was mostly just me and two other customers so that's not a great sign.

Another thing I've had to do was visit the hospital; someone I know is there... all I'll say is that this was not unexpected and they will be fine. Yet of course it is still something weighing on my mind so this is a big part of why March was so uneventful for me. I think that will change when I return next Monday. It was nice seeing them and they were happy to see me. Now, let me mention the coronavirus (technically, COVID-19) and how that has lead to a worldwide hysteria. I could go on for paragraphs over this whole kerfuffle but I won't. Instead, I'll just shake my head at people price-gouging essential items, TOILET PAPER being the object that people are hoarding instead of medicine, food... or especially SOAP-when washing your hands is the best way to prevent being infected, or how people are acting like it's the bubonic plague if it's caught when that couldn't be farther from the truth... asinine, really. I feel sorry for places like China and Northern Italy as it's hit those areas hard yet the way the media has treated it and several big events in the United States has needlessly be cancelled and it was even used to postpone the new Bond movie until November when the movie (probably) being bad is the reason I suspect it was moved...

When I return next week, being in a cheerier mood is one of the things I am hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment