Monday, December 12, 2016

Spirited Away, Earl's Kitchen + Bar & Terrifying Traffic

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday the 5th I ended up at Disney Springs. I went to the AMC Theatres there (which now has reserved seating. I must be in the minority here... most of the time I'd rather not have it. It reminds me of high school and its assigned seating, for crying out loud) and saw Spirited Away. I've only seen a small amount of Studio Ghibli, let alone Miyazaki. Everyone loves the film so I figured I might as well see it this way. Well, the animation was beautiful and the music was great... sad to say, the characters and story left me completely cold. I was not charmed, unfortunately. After that I walked around Disney Springs for a bit before driving home. I'll spare the details but for a minute or two I had to deal with a driver who had to be impaired in some way. I was actually chased by this lunatic for a minute or two before that cretin finally went away. Of course I never had the chance to get his license plate tag once I needed it.

Tuesday, I did nothing but Wednesday I ended up at a K-Mart for the first time in a few years. I typically have no need to go there; considering their struggles, many people feel that way now about the chain. I got some random items. Wow is their movie section not spectacular. There was only a few Blu, for starters. Then, much of it was from cheap DVD labels. No wonder why K-Mart is not doing well. Thursday, I went with someone to Hurricane Grill & Wings for the first time in almost a year. The way there and back is down to one lane for the most part so that is why. Highway 27 south from where I live was awful when all the lanes were open, mainly due to the low intelligence of the average person on that stretch of road. Now, it's pretty brutal. On the way back, someone in front was acting like something was mentally wrong with them; I have no idea why they were so slow or why they randomly stomped on their brakes one time. When they finally got off the road, I did not care that someone else was with me, I honked at that Troglodyte, as it was greatly deserved. At least the food at the restaurant was as good as usual.

Friday, I went to a restaurant I found out about the night before. I returned to the Mall at Millenia. I never went to the Blue Martini but awhile back they closed; now there is a mainly Western Canada joint. It may not sound upscale with a name like Earl's Kitchen + Bar; it actually is. It looks “hip” and you can decide for yourself how much that means to you. I sat at the bar and had my “almost always” of a burger and fries, which were admittedly real good. As the place looked nice too, it was a nice choice on my part. I went to a random place or two before making it back home. Saturday and Sunday I did not do a thing; I preferred relaxing at home. As the temperature finally dropped, not doing anything also seemed like a good idea for that reason. The Chicago Bears, they played against the Detroit Lions and I expected them to lose. My expectations were correct. The Lions won 20-17. Once again they had an opportunity to win but they blew it. I was glad I did not go out to see this somewhere in person.

When I return a week from today, I know I'll be talking about Star Wars. After that, who knows... but who needs anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment