Monday, December 19, 2016

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Unfortunate Drama & Happy Little Accidents

I'll start this off in an unusual way: by noting that this is the last one of these I'll post for this year. Next Monday I'll be in Kansas, as I've been doing for the past few Christmases. I'll be back on Monday, January the 2nd. I'll have plenty to talk about then, I am sure.

Honestly, I am ready now to be in Kansas, even if the drive there and back is a long, tiring experience. I don't talk about my personal life aside from the random things I do... but I do have to tell this tale. Around 2 months ago me and some young lady started talking online. The particulars aren't necessary; I'll just say she lives hundreds of miles away in another state so it's not like I'll ever meet her. Things were always fine and we chatted for a decent amount on a daily basis. This was an online only thing, as that is how I preferred it. Suddenly, things changed as of late and she treated me differently. I have no idea why, but she did. I got mad about it... from there it did not turn out well. Who knows what'll happen with me and her in the future, but since she doesn't want to talk anymore... I'll try to remember the nice chats we had but it'll be something that will take me awhile to get over, and I'll probably never know why she did this 180. It's not a good feeling to have.

I wish it didn't happen when it did, as I had other things on my mind at the time; I won't talk about the particulars there either, except that right now I feel a change of scenery (even if only for a week) is much-needed. Me being very different compared to most people and thus being an acquired taste, that is one thing. People in general acting like you're repulsive and not even caring what you have to say when you try to speak... I'll never fully be accepting of that. At least I still know plenty of people who are OK with knowing me, even if it's distantly and we rarely-if ever-chat. But I am sure that once things are back to normal and I can get a full night's sleep again, I'll have a rosier disposition. At least starting from today until I leave for Kansas in a few days, things shouldn't be so hectic for me. I don't need to get a lot ready and packed, thankfully.

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday the 12th, I went out and about. I was looking for an item in particular, but I stopped at a Walgreens first to get something else. Turns out, what I was looking for was there so after that, I was gonna to go a new place to chill for a bit. But, on the way there I decided to honk at a driver who flew by me as they were going at least 20 miles an hour over the speed limit. Well, this punk got all indignant about it and wanted to start trouble with me. I honked at them some more, then at a stoplight I was able to get away from them by going the opposite direction of where I was headed. I drove around aimlessly and stumbled upon a brand new Walmart. For a Walmart it's pretty nice, and also quite large. I got some miscellaneous items then left. In the future I'll have to do some actual shopping there. Stumbling upon it was a happy little accident, to quote the late painter Bob Ross. Tuesday, I went to the local Applebee's with someone. The service wasn't always the best but at least the food tasted good so I can't carp too loudly.

Wednesday I did not do a thing so onto Thursday. I was in Orlando to do a minor task I won't get into. After that, I was off to Daytona Beach. I went there to try out a new movie theatre that opened just earlier this month. There are no shortage of screens in the Central Florida area, that is for sure. Hopefully they all do well and none of them close, but you never know... this new one is Cobb Theatres. I've been to some of their other properties before, but this one they are billing as “luxury”, meaning those now-hip leather reclining seats, a curved screen, fancy sound systems, and even a restaurant you can eat at independently of seeing any film there. I was curious so why not see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story there?

While I wish that my burger would have been “medium well” as advertised instead of “burned to a crisp”, the place was nice, from the concessions to the auditoriums. But as there are nice places closer to me... as for the movie, I am not unbiased as I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid. Yet I thought that it was awesome and I am glad it was different from the norm when it came to the franchise. While I think there were a few too many one-liners and some of the CG was “eh”, otherwise I can't complain. I was glad it was different. I know that many were underwhelmed at best but that's understandable. Like I said I found it to be pretty dope.

The drama happened on Friday night. I'd rather not say much about my Friday to Sunday night. I was out and about (meaning dealing with incredibly awful traffic), I did not get much sleep... one interesting thing was visiting a new Whole Foods. I only go there rarely, as the whole organic thing is overblown. Yet once in a blue moon I'll get some random food & drink there; they also have a nice craft beer selection. Sunday, that was a day to forget. I actually went out and saw the Chicago Bears play. I went to the Friendly Confines sports bar/restaurant as they have tasty food. Their several locations aren't close to me but it's nice to visit infrequently. The Bears were getting whipped by their biggest rival (the Green Bay Packers), then came back to tie it, only to blow it at the end in a rather inept way. Between that ending and the number of loud bellowing cretins around... I don't mind not going out to see the team play, as it means I don't watch poor quality football and I also avoid the obnoxious idiots and knaves. 

Like I said, I won't be posting anything here until Monday, January the 2nd. I cannot believe that 2016 is almost over with, not to mention Christmas is less than a week away. As everyone thinks, Praise the Lord that 2016 is almost over with. 2017 should hopefully be better for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment