Monday, December 19, 2011

The Blog Where I Wonder Why The Chicago Bears Are So Terrible Now

Here’s what I’ve done this past week. There isn’t too much to say about the week before you get to the weekend. I know that’s the usual, but it has to be said again this time.

The only real interesting thing I did was on Tuesday night, which was use up that coupon from Planet Smoothie (as I explained in the last blog, I literally got a page of coupons from a random stranger). I got one and it was tasty. Otherwise I laid low, as I wanted to make sure I whipped the slight illness I had, which I finally was able to.

Friday was when I was able to do something interesting. I had the evening free so for the first time in awhile I visited the Mall at Millenia. For the most part it was the same old same old there. For the first time in a long while, I got a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was their Key Lime Pie Cheesecake, which is pretty fantastic. I had dinner in the mall but not at the CF… not too surprisingly, that place was packed on a Friday night. Instead I ate at their food court at a locale called the Gourmet Grille. I actually had not had food there before. After having their burger and fries (I know, my “almost always”), which I thought were alright-enough but the price was the biggest selling point, I finally tried for the first time Chick-Fil-A’s peppermint chocolate milkshake. I heard correctly from some sources… that treat is tremendous and now I wish I would have had it in the past.

Saturday was boring so I’ll fill some time as I don’t want this to be too short of a blog. In the past week I experienced two more occasions where I had to use my horn and otherwise get angry at drivers when I wasn’t that far from home. Doing such a thing wasn’t the most prudent thing to do but I was mad and they deserved it! Plus, nothing came from it so even better for me. Hopefully when I’m out on the road this upcoming week things will not be so hairy. One day in particular will have a good amount of driving but I’ll mention what I did in the next blog to leave you in suspense.

Yesterday, it was going out to see an early and a late afternoon football game. The early game I saw at good old Friendly Confines. It was the Chicago Bears against the Seattle Seahawks, and I tell you, not expecting the team to win makes their eventual shitting of the bed not so bad. If only some of my fellow Bears fans would have done the same thing… yeah, I heard some pissing and moaning from those guys and I just rolled my eyes.

Then again there were some fans of other teams who were whining and crying and I got tired of it rather quick. While some of it was understandable, otherwise it sounded like a big dog howling non-stop. I mean, yelling at the TV for the player to “run” or “pass the ball” or “make a tackle you f****** idiots”… real helpful there. We all needed to hear those wise and intelligent bon mots! It’s not like the players could hear what those oafs were saying, despite what they may think. As for the actual game, another big Bears player got hurt early on but the first half was still fine, until they totally crapped themselves and they lose 38-14. I wasn’t expecting the score to be that bad! Caleb Hanie… he sucks, plain and simple. As a Bears fan I actually have to look longingly at the days where we had “great” QB’s like Henry Burris, Jonathan Quinn, and Moses Moreno. That’s not a good thing.

To answer what I asked in the title of this blog, the reason why the Bears suck now is that key players keep on getting hurt, and Hanie should never start another NFL game ever again. Good job Bears management in getting a quality backup for Jay Cutler.

After the game was over with I drove back to Clermont and went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos. It turns out, not even the great Tebow can lead his team to victory when they make quite a few stupid mistakes, so the Patriots ended up winning by quite a bit. I was hoping for something more competitive, but alas. I was outside watching the game. I imagine the atmosphere would have been rowdier inside, but again, alas. At least while I was outside I could look at all the pickup trucks parked at the place and think it has NOTHING to do with all the trashy people around, including people swearing around little children.

So yes, the previous week I had was rather boring. When I post my next blog the day after Christmas, I’ll have more to talk about, including the Bears game against the hated Packers on Christmas Day, a day of travel, and some other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment